"The Evergreen State" Washington State by mcblacktiger
Washington State Travel Guide: 7,371 reviews and 19,642 photos
"The Evergreen State" is Washington's motto, but it is kind of funny considering that a large part of the state should probably be called the "Ever Brown" or "Never Watered" state !
The one thing that I will always love about Washington, and makes one of the most special places in the world, is it's landscape diversity !!!! I have never traveled anywhere that you can go from the ocean beach(Pacific Ocean), to a temperate rain forest(Olympic Peninsula), to alpine tundra(Cascade Mts.), to a desert(Vantage) and then to rolling wheat fields(Palouse) within a ten hour drive: and we also have several active volcanos if that isn't enough !!!!
This is in the "Columbia Basin", south central Washington. This part of the state is called the "Channel Scablands". The only reason that it is as green as it looks is because I visited this place during the winter.
Palouse Falls is about 40 miles north of the "Tri Cities" near "Washtucna".
This picture is from the "Palouse" in south eastern Washington. Central Ferry is batween Colfax and Walla Walla, in the heart of wheat country. This river is the lower Snake River.
mcblacktiger's Related Pages
Washington State Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Washington, the Northwestern Corner of the US"
- "America the Beautiful"
- "Washington State: Terrainius Maximus"
- "WASHINGTON STATE"
- "High Desert and Heavy Rain: depends on where"
- "marko727's new Washington Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Washington State
- Hotels in Washington State
- Transportation in Washington State
- Nightlife in Washington State
- Restaurants in Washington State
- Shopping in Washington State
- Warnings and Dangers in Washington State
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Washington State
- 3 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Washington State?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Washington State
Top 10 Pages
- Pôrto das Galinhas Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Helsinki Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Riga Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuressaare Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rakvere Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saaremaa Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Orlando Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Oslo Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
No friends yet.
Top Washington State hotels
- Seattle Hotels
- 3124 Reviews - 7554 Photos
- Ocean Shores Hotels
- 30 Reviews - 84 Photos
- Spokane Hotels
- 148 Reviews - 230 Photos
- Vancouver Hotels
- 58 Reviews - 131 Photos
- West Seattle Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 92 Photos
- Steptoe Butte State Park Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 12 Photos
- Bellevue Hotels
- 30 Reviews - 60 Photos
- Bremerton Hotels
- 52 Reviews - 150 Photos
- Olympia Hotels
- 103 Reviews - 308 Photos
- Bellingham Hotels
- 100 Reviews - 139 Photos
- Leavenworth Hotels
- 135 Reviews - 361 Photos
- Port Angeles Hotels
- 33 Reviews - 78 Photos
- Birch Bay Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Kennewick Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 6 Photos
- Olympic National Park Hotels
- 296 Reviews - 762 Photos