"Tienen" Tienen by johnmperry
Tienen Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
Tienen used to have a sugar refinery (beet sugar that is), hence is known as Sugar Town. But that seems to have gone, and the plant is being converted to a sugar museum.
There was a beguinage here. Unusually, it does not seem to have been rebuilt at all. Instead its ruins have been preserved in a quite effective and sensitive manner. Much better to my eyes than at Diksmuide for example, which is 100% repro after World War I.
- In a nutshell:As a town it didn't have much to recommend it, and we didn't stay long
johnmperry's Related Pages
Tienen Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tienen
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Tienen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tienen
Top 10 Pages
- Huadu Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Uyuni Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Qingyuan Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Belgium Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kaiping Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Bohol 1 review, 4 photos
- Gozo Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Liuzhou Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.