Sydney Transportation Tips by xuessium
Sydney Transportation: 402 reviews and 409 photos
Good way to explore the Blue Mountains! The Blue Mountains Explorer Bus allows you the flexibility to plan your day according to your interests with 30 destinations. Operating on an hourly basis, the full day pass has no restrictions (multiple hop ons & hop offs) so starting from Katoomba, you can plan your day around the waterfalls, lookouts, bushwalks, craft shops, galleries, coffee shops and restaurants, as well as Three Sisters, the Scenic Railway and Skyway.
Departs hourly from 9.30am - 4.30 pm, return at your leisure up to 5.15pm. Closed: Christmas Day.
Price: A$25 (Adults), A$12.50 Child, A$22.00 (Concessions). Rail and Explorer Bus tour tickets can be purchased from Cityrail.
INCLUDES : Unlimited travel for the day, guide booklet with map and details. Discounted tickets for the Scenic Railway and Skyway from the booking office or from the driver. Use your pass to obtain discounts at other major attractions and many restaurants.
It is the easiest way to get around Sydney and out of Sydney to all the main sights. Simple, fuss free and relatively comfortable. Haven't gone wrong using it so far for myself!
Possibly the most confusing for 1st time visitors to Sydney will be the varieties of types of tickets available. I know I did. Besides the usual day tickets and commuter tickets, it would be easier for visitors to grab the various types of Leisure tickets available:
THE DAY TRIPPER
An all-in-one day ticket for CityRail train, Sydney Buses and Sydney Ferries travel. Also includes fantastic discount offers to Sydney's attractions.
Adult A$15; Child A$7.50
THE CITY HOPPER
Unlimited all day CityRail travel around 11 stations within the city area. They include: Central, Martin Place, Museum, Town Hall, St James, Circular Quay, Kings Cross, Wynyard, Redfern, Milsons Point and North Sydney.
Adults A$6.80(peak) A$4.80(off-peak); Child A$3.40 peak) A$2.40(off-peak)
THE SYDNEY PASS
Available for three, five or seven days. Unlimited travel for any three or five or seven days within an 8 day period for use rail, buses and ferries.
Please refer to site for limitations and charges.
The Network map of Cityrail is available if you click the link.
This is one busy sector. A number of airlines fly this route. From Singapore, Singapore Airlines, Qantas, Gulf Air & British Airways all fly to Sydney directly. It is a 7 hours journey.
A number of airlines also fly to Sydney but with a transit stop. Such airlines include Australian Airlines (Denpasar, Bali), Garuda Indonesia (Denpasar, Bali), Royal Brunei Airways (Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei) and Malaysian Airlines (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia).
Good for families or group travel when you do not wish to struggle with yout luggages and fight with everyone else on the Cityrail train into town. For A$13 per pax (circa 2004) for a return trip, the bus will bring you to your lodging fast and conveniently from the airport.
Other Contact: email: email@example.com
Phone: 61-2-96669988 Fax: 61-2-96667099
More Reviews (42)
- See All Parks of Sydney
- See All Latin American Square
- See All For the love of herbs and spices
xuessium's Related Pages
Sydney Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What do you do with your weekend?"
- "Love Those Sydneysiders"
- "Sydney - For the discerning tourist"
- "Flying down Sydney Way..."
- "The best start to any adventure Down Under"
- "City of Water and Trees"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sydney
- Hotels in Sydney
- Transportation in Sydney
- Nightlife in Sydney
- Restaurants in Sydney
- Shopping in Sydney
- Warnings and Dangers in Sydney
- See All...
Explore the World
- Namibia Hotels
- Beaumont-Hamel Hotels
- Renous Hotels
- Villa Carolina Hotels
- New Mexico Transportation
- False Creek Ferries & Aquabus
- Tuk Tuk
- Pokolbin Transportation
- Asuncion (Departamento) Transportation
- Freeport City Transportation
- Bretten Transportation
- Tashkent Transportation
- Malatya Transportation
- Nottingham Transportation
- Dunhuang Transportation
- Gloucester Transportation
Badges & Stats in Sydney
- 46 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 68 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Sydney?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sydney
Photos in SydneySee All Photos (54)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 106 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 77 reviews, 135 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 55 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luang Prabang Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 34 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 37 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 35 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Christmas Island Intro, 26 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (25)
Latest Sydney hotel reviews
- Rydges North Sydney
- 259 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Mariner's Court Hotel Sydney
- 85 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Blacket Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Annam Apartments
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 26, 2013
- Ravesi's On Bondi Beach
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Napoleon On Kent
- 108 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Coogee Bay Hotel
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Macquarie Boutique Hotel Sydney
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 20, 2012
- Macleay Lodge Sydney
- 109 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Glenferrie Lodge
- 182 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- The Jolly Swagman Backpackers
- 118 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 27, 2013
- Crescent on Bayswater Sydney (The)
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 26, 2011
- Rex Hotel Sydney
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 23, 2010
- Parkridge Corporate Apartments
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 18, 2011
- Sydney Opera House- 170 Reviews, 275 Photos
- Blue Mountains- 100 Reviews, 148 Photos
- Darling Harbour- 164 Reviews, 286 Photos
- Harbour Bridge- 188 Reviews, 279 Photos
- The Rocks- 104 Reviews, 163 Photos
- AMP Centre Point Tower- 61 Reviews, 91 Photos
- Circular Quay- 78 Reviews, 163 Photos
- Chinatown- 30 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Queen Victoria Building- 45 Reviews, 82 Photos
- Hyde Park- 48 Reviews, 115 Photos
See All Sydney Things to Do