Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Transportation Tips by xuessium Top 5 Page for this destination
Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Transportation: 26 reviews and 17 photos
The Greyhound/McCafferty buses come into Ayers Rock Resort and pick up folks who wish to travel to Alice Springs from Yulara. (I think there are 2 or 3 such buses a day) Mine picked me up outside the Pioneer Lodge. The journey takes about 5-6 hours with a change of buses mid-way through at this lonely stretch in the middle of nowhere (very surreal). I grabbed the 12.30pm bus and I reached Alice Springs at about 6pm. Along the way, I was treated to scenes of the vast emptiness of the Australian desert (red-orange as far as you can see) and possibly one of the most beautiful sunset I have ever had the fortune to enjoy as the day slowly died away, setting the sky and clouds on fire. I sat in stupor as I watched the ambers slowly fickled away and finally darkness came to claim victory. It was a very beautiful way to end the day after my 31st birthday.
The bus journey cost me A$74 (circa 2003).
There is a free shuttle bus inside the huge resortplex of Ayers Rock Resort, allowing you to move from section to section. There is a bus-stop practically outside each accommodation so all you need to do is to find a comfortable place to sit down and wait for the bus. The wait usually lasts a maximum of 15-20 minutes.
The resort offers free shuttle bus to bring you to your lodging at the Ayers Rock "Resort-plex" from the small airport.
More Reviews (24)
- See All Learn more Aboriginal Culture through...
- See All GREAT ULURU NATIONAL PARK HOSTEL REVIEW...
- See All General Knowledge of Uluru & Kata Tjuta
- See All ADVICES FROM THE PARK AUTHORITIES
- TAKE THE WALK PATHS AT NIGHT
xuessium's Related Pages
Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "G'Day from the Red Centre"
- "IMPREXXION: YULARA-ULURU"
- "Living at `The Rock`"
- "The Red and Hot Centre"
- "Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Watarrka NP"
- "Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park"
- "Uluru National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Hotels in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Transportation in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Nightlife in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Restaurants in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Shopping in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Warnings and Dangers in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- 27 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 28 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Posted in Travel Sanya Forum "Re: Sanya"
- Commented on one of Assenczo's Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) travel pages
- updated a Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Travel Page "IMPREXXION: YULARA-ULURU"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Entry Fee & Opening hours of National Park"
- Wrote a Review Learn more Aboriginal Culture through Anangu Tours in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 106 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 77 reviews, 135 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 55 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luang Prabang Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 34 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 37 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 35 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Christmas Island Intro, 26 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues