Pulau Tioman Transportation Tips by xuessium Top 5 Page for this destination
Pulau Tioman Transportation: 63 reviews and 39 photos
This is the fastest but also the most expensive way to get to Tioman from Singapore. Berjaya Air flies out from Singapore's Seletar Airport direct to the Berjaya Tioman Beach, Golf & Spa Resort on Tioman daily.
Seletar Airport is an airport in the northern part of Singapore and should not be confused with Changi International Airport which is at the eastern end of the island. Berjaya Air is the only commercial airlines using this airport. Plane used is a Dash 7 (48 seater)
Flight schedule is as (circa Apr 2007):
To Tioman Island
Fri J8 311 (1200/1235); Tue & Thu J8 313 (1325/1400); Mon, Wed, Sat & Sun J8 317 (1505/1540)
To Singapore Seletar
Tue & Thu J8 314 (1220/1255); Fri J8 312 (1255/1330); Mon, Wed, Sat & Sun J8 318 (1400/1435)
Return fare is about S$222++ per adult (without taxes and surcharges).
Please refer to Fare Chart.
1) Transnasional, direct from Singapore to Mersing: departs from Lavender Street lorry park at 9 & 10am & 10pm. Nearest MRT: Lavender. S$26.50.
Call Pan Malaysia Express: 65-2947034 / 65-62947035. Fax 65-62991952.
2) Kaiho, departs from Newton Circus. Nearest MRT: Newton.
Departs daily at 6.30am. S$35 (return); S$20 (1 way).
NOTE: Kaiho coaches do not operate during the monsoon season from end-October until end-February.
Call 60-7-241 8208 (Malaysian number)
OR, catch a bus from the terminal at Queen St/Ban San St Bus Terminal. Take the Singapore-Johore Express directly to Larkin Bus Terminal in Malaysia. Only S$ 2.40, aircon.
From LBT, take Adikberadkik Express service at 9.00 & 10.00am, 9.00 & 10.30pm (ticket counters no 6 & 30) or Transnasional service at 10.00 & 11.00am & 10.30 & 11.00pm.
Remember that if you leave Singapore too late, you might not be able to catch a ferry or speedboat in Mersing the same day. It's always best to try to be there as early as possible.
From Mersing (tel: 60-77993155) there are 4 services, at 11.30am, 12.30, 6.30 and 10.00pm.
Once you get to Mersing you will have 3 options to get to Tioman, details of which are given below.
Mersing - Tioman:
1) Speedboat 1.5hrs: Auto Mersing
Rtn Fare: RM70
2) Speedboat 1.5hrs: Blue Water Express
Rtn Fare: RM 70
3) Catamaran 2.0hrs: Auto Raider
Rtn Fare: RM 60
4) Slow Ferry 3.5hrs: Seagull Express
Rtn Fare: RM 50
1. Ferries do not depart on a regular basis, but are dependent on tide levels. Sometimes you wil be transferred by a smaller boat to the waiting ferry, just outside the harbour.
2. Departure times for other boats also vary, and even though you might be given a certain departure time it is common for the boats to wait in the harbour for 30 mins or more to get as many passengers as possible. Be patient - you are on holiday! Travel times are approximate, and depend on sea conditions.
3. Before leaving Mersing you will be asked to pay the RM5 Marine Park Conservation fee.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DIRECT FERRY OPERATED BY PENGUIN FERRY SERVICES HAS CEASED RUNNING SINCE 27 JUNE 04. THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE DIRECT FERRY FROM SINGAPORE AT THIS MOMENT.
There is now, however a direct ferry from Stulang Baru (next to Eden Garden Hotel), Johor Baru - the entry point across the causeway from Singapore. This 130 feet vessel has 111 seats and operates Thursday - Monday every week.
To book, contact Masseroja Holidays (tel : +60 7 227 9881).
The rate is RM180 return for adult and RM100 return for child between 3 - 12years old.
Johor Baru - Tioman
09:00 - 13:30
Tioman - Johor Baru
14:30 - 18:00
Masseroja Holidays also offers pickup from Singapore Newton Circle Hawker centre, in front of the ATM machine at 6:30am on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. The coach fare is S$ 9 one-way. Otherwise, you can either catch a bus from Queen St / Ban San St. to Larkin Bus Terminal in Johor Baru and then a taxi to Stulang Baru. If you are driving, you can park your car at Zone A for RM 2 a day.
More Reviews (18)
- See All Hit the waters! You're in Tioman!
- See All Biggest Resort On The Island
- Tekek: Local fare beyond the gates of...
- See All The 2 Airports: Singapore Seletar &...
xuessium's Related Pages
Pulau Tioman Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nearest paradise from Singapore - Tioman Island"
- "IMPREXXION: PULAU TIOMAN"
- "Pulau Tioman"
- "Pulau Tioman - A Rustic Paradise"
- "PULAU TIOMAN"
- "The resting place for Dragon!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Tioman
- Hotels in Pulau Tioman
- Transportation in Pulau Tioman
- Nightlife in Pulau Tioman
- Restaurants in Pulau Tioman
- Shopping in Pulau Tioman
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Tioman
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pasadena Hotels
- Bell Gardens Hotels
- Beseri Hotels
- Kampong Brunei Hotels
- Lago de Enol
Badges & Stats in Pulau Tioman
- 21 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 21 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Pulau Tioman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Tioman
- Posted in Travel Sanya Forum "Re: Sanya"
- Wrote a Review Hit the waters! You're in Tioman! in Pulau Tioman Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hit the waters! You're in Tioman!"
- updated a Pulau Tioman Travelogue "THE FOOD OF BERJAYA TIOMAN RESORT"
- Commented on one of muddybok's Pulau Tioman travel pages
Photos in Pulau TiomanSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 106 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 77 reviews, 135 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 55 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luang Prabang Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 34 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 37 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 35 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Christmas Island Intro, 26 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (25)
Latest Pulau Tioman hotel reviews
- Paya Beach Resort
- 237 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Salang Sayang Resort
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Bamboo Hill Chalets
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 15, 2013
- JapaMala Resort
- 230 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Panuba Inn Resort
- 111 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 23, 2013
- Salang Indah Resort
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 31, 2013
- Salang Pusaka Resort
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 24, 2013
- Bagus Place Retreat
- 180 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Tioman Paya Resort
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013