Pulau Tioman Favorite Tips by xuessium Top 5 Page for this destination
Pulau Tioman Favorites: 23 reviews and 27 photos
Favorite thing: Pulau Tioman consists of many villages connected ONLY by ferry. There are NO roads or trails connecting the villages on the western coasts and only 1 trail linking across the island from west to east (from Kampong Tekek to Kampong Juara).
Pulau Tioman Marine Park includes sea zone areas 2 nautical miles from the shore, and beside Pulau Tioman itself (the biggest), also includes the surrounding 8 archipelago islands of Pulau Tulai (aka Coral Island), Pulau Chebeh, Pulau Sepoi, Pulau Labas, Pulau Sembilang, Pulau Seri Buat, Pulau Gut & Pulau Tokong Bahara.
All visitors into the Marine Park has to pay MYR5 (adult) and MYR2 (kids, 6-12 years old). Visitors are expected by law, to obey Marine Park rules and laws.
Fondest memory: Marine Park Laws (Fine MYR20000 or jail terms)
1) Collecting, removing, destroying, catching or having in possession of any marine resources whether dead or alive eg corals, shells, sand, gravel etc
2) Water ski-ing, boat racing & jet ski
3) Discharging or depositing any pollutants
4) Destroying, defacing or removing any objects whether animate or inanimate
5) Carrying, using or possessing any fishing gears and other equipment that can harm marine life eg, spear gun
6) Anchoring on reefs
7) Building or erecting any type of structure
8) Conducting diving or snorkelling activities not designated by the Marine Park Authority
Favorite thing: To fly directly to Pulau Redang from Singapore, you'll need to take Berjaya Air via Singapore Seletar Airport [XSP] (not to be confused with Singapore Changi Airport) in the northern part of the country. This airport started its life as a British military airport and even today, has retained some of the architecture from that era. There is only 1 public bus service (Bus 103) that services the airport. It starts from Serangoon Central Bus Interchange and will make a loop inside the airport before returning to the bus interchange once again. The easiest way to get here (from the city) would be to take a taxi. It should not cost you more than S$14 one way.
The airport is pretty compact with only 1 commercial client (Berjaya Air for flights to Pulau Redang & Pulau Tioman). There are no cafes or eateries here, just vending machines. There is one waiting lounge before immigration. The coolest part would be the waiting area at the departure gate, housed in a pre-WW2 bunker. There are 2 large TVs here to entertain passengers. All areas are air-conditioned, except for the connecting walkpaths. Passengers walk right up to the plane for boarding.
Pulau Tioman Airport [TOD] resembles a fanciful but tired air-strip. Situated in Kampong Tekek and near the ferry jetty, the entire airport is open-air in concept. There are separate arrival and departure gates, all housed in a wooden building with 1 small souvenir shop and 1 duty-free liquor shop and washrooms in the middle. Baggages are trolleyed from the plane to the baggage claim area where passengers must step forward to collect before clearing customs. Resort coaches will be waiting at the arrival gate to fetch guests. Like Seletar, passengers walk right up to the plane for boarding.
Berjaya Beach, Golf & Spa Resort, just off Kampong Tekek, is just 10-12 minutes drive away.
Favorite thing: Pulau Tioman is under the jurisdiction of the state of Pahang although it is at the border with the state of Johor. Pahang is one of the traditional sultanates that made up the Federation. It has its own ruler - the Sultan.
The white portion represents the ruler (the sultan) while the black represents the rakyat (the people).
More Reviews (18)
- See All Hit the waters! You're in Tioman!
- See All Biggest Resort On The Island
- Tekek: Local fare beyond the gates of...
- See All No topless or nude sunbathing
xuessium's Related Pages
Pulau Tioman Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nearest paradise from Singapore - Tioman Island"
- "IMPREXXION: PULAU TIOMAN"
- "Pulau Tioman"
- "Pulau Tioman - A Rustic Paradise"
- "PULAU TIOMAN"
- "The resting place for Dragon!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Tioman
- Hotels in Pulau Tioman
- Transportation in Pulau Tioman
- Nightlife in Pulau Tioman
- Restaurants in Pulau Tioman
- Shopping in Pulau Tioman
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Tioman
- See All...
Explore the World
- Siggiewi Hotels
- Agalawatta Hotels
- Sanad Hotels
- Honduras Hotels
- Long Beach
- Muhafazat Musandam
Badges & Stats in Pulau Tioman
- 21 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 21 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Pulau Tioman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Tioman
- Posted in Travel Sanya Forum "Re: Sanya"
- Wrote a Review Hit the waters! You're in Tioman! in Pulau Tioman Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hit the waters! You're in Tioman!"
- updated a Pulau Tioman Travelogue "THE FOOD OF BERJAYA TIOMAN RESORT"
- Commented on one of muddybok's Pulau Tioman travel pages
Photos in Pulau TiomanSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 106 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 77 reviews, 135 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 55 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 37 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luang Prabang Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 34 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 37 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 35 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Christmas Island Intro, 26 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (25)
Latest Pulau Tioman hotel reviews
- Paya Beach Resort
- 237 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Salang Sayang Resort
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Bamboo Hill Chalets
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 15, 2013
- JapaMala Resort
- 230 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Panuba Inn Resort
- 111 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 23, 2013
- Salang Indah Resort
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 31, 2013
- Bagus Place Retreat
- 180 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Salang Pusaka Resort
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 24, 2013
- Tioman Paya Resort
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013