"IMPREXXION: LUANG PRABANG" Top 5 Page for this destination Luang Prabang by xuessium

Luang Prabang Travel Guide: 1,033 reviews and 2,639 photos

..."The golden land was retreating at every second of my thoughts. Ridz was sitting on his side of the Tuk Tuk, lulled to sleep by the cool blanket of cold air blasting into the truck. I sat further out, in awe and wonder, watching pieces of emerald land, shimmering gold, fleeting past me. Ten years I have been on the road, challenging myself to never hug the comfort mold. I asked myself what will the next ten years bring. I chewed. The land continued to race away. The permanent impermanence of life, Buddhism preaches. Yes, the next ten years will be a tidal wave of impermanence. Change is forever arriving. But for a drop of permanence in the fabric of impermanence, nothing else is changing. Behind me, all I saw, a land of gold"...

The world is a small place indeed. Who would have thought 2 guys bumping perpendicularly to each other among the flea market streets of Luang Prabang would be 2 VTers, myself and tremendopunto? We are still sharing a good laugh over it.

Check out Chris's Luang Prabang page as well.

Folks who would love to get to know Laos and its cuisine, check out Natacha Du Pont De Bie's "Ant Egg Soup".

For more photos, please visit my private website : IMPREXXUESSNISM

Drop me a comment if you think that this page has been useful. Thanks!

• Pros:Untainted by mass tourism
  • Cons:But for how long?
  • In a nutshell:Go see the place before it changes forever
  • Last visit to Luang Prabang: Nov 2007
  • Intro Updated Dec 23, 2007

• juliewong's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2008 at 6:13 AM

Love your food reviews. Did you try eating the food sold at the street stalls? Will definitely have them if I go there. :)

• tremendopunto's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2008 at 8:01 AM

Great page, Xuess-like always! You say it all about LP...what can I ad on my page that you havent already mentioned? ;-) But hey, beating on Lao Ts in the Cams - I DO remember someone running around in a Vietnam T in Luang Prabang....is that possible? ;-)

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2007 at 4:54 AM

Excellent page! It's been more than 10 years now since I visited LP. It was a very quiet backwater then, but apparently this has changed... Happy 2008!

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2007 at 2:41 PM

Finally found time to sit and read your LP page, mate! :-) Excellent as always! Did you try the centipede and snake wines? That's got to be an "interesting" taste? I think Beer Lao would be more to my liking! ;-) // Nice updates, mate! :-)

• Sergeyu's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2007 at 10:21 AM

Ha ha { sorry to Americans :) ]: since their food life mostly restricted to the canned& sealed stuff, then how they can know that Mandarine can be peeled? ;) the regular thing is just recovered from the can!! :D

• GuthrieColin's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2007 at 12:00 PM

Good work X this page is well written. I think it's so strange to see people swimming in just about every SE Asian waterfall i've ever seen. I suppose if it's warm out why not.

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2007 at 9:47 PM

Hi xuess, great tips and photos of Luang Prabang! Merry christmas & happy travels :)

• i-s-a's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2007 at 1:50 AM

i see you've been to another interesting place. looking forward to your great tips and glorious food portion :0)

xuessium

“Time Waits Not For The Person Who Waits For Time”

Badges & Stats in Luang Prabang

Have you been to Luang Prabang?

Latest Activity in Luang Prabang