"IMPREXXION: YOGYAKARTA-BOROBUDOR-PRAMBANAN" Top 5 Page for this destination Borobudur by xuessium

Borobudur Travel Guide: 190 reviews and 651 photos

..."Yogyakarta is the gateway to the 12th century sacred Buddhist site of Borobudor and 9th century Hinduism site of Prambanan, both together, one of the 3 wonders in Southeast Asia, along with Angkor Wat in Cambodia and Bagan in Myanmar. Home to the Sultan of Yogyakarta, a much respected political figure in Indonesia, Yogyakarta is a prominent city in Indonesia, where the ruggedness of everyday life mingles with the mystic allure of its rich historical past"...

To see more photos, please do go to my private website:
IMPREXXUESSNISM

Do also take a look at my VT pages on Yogyakarta and Prambanan.

Drop me a comment if you think that this page has been useful. Thanks!

• Pros:UNESCO Site
  • Cons:Can really get hot & humid at noon time
  • In a nutshell:Beautiful Buddhist monument from the 12th century!
  • Last visit to Borobudur: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 23, 2006

• Sep 23, 2009 at 9:21 PM

The Buddha in a western-style sitting posture is Maitreya Buddha, the future Buddha to appear after Sakyamuni Buddha. Maitreya is predicted to take birth in this world about 2,000 years after Sakyamuni Buddha.

• GuthrieColin's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2008 at 12:12 AM

X, Great page. I really want to visit this site Borobudur looks amazing. It may be difficult to breat out of the Samsura of life with all those beggars around though!

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2007 at 8:05 AM

Definitely a place I have to visit one day!

• iwys's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2006 at 8:58 AM

Interesting. I was in Borobodur so long ago, I don't know where my photos are now. I seem to recall, it was free to see it in those days and there was nobody there.

• ChristinaNest's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2006 at 1:26 PM

Hope to visit this place one day, thanks for sharing! I had never seen and YlangYlang before. greetings from Sofia

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2006 at 4:38 PM

I would love to visit Borodubdur but it is a shame about the touts. A sad fact about traveling in poorer nations.

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2006 at 7:12 PM

X, I must see this place after Angkor! Might come here soon, so I'll ask you questions soon? Btw, you're one of the few VTers who take really good food pix, love the Bihun Goreng.

• carolynllew's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2005 at 3:36 AM

If you earnt as little as the locals you'd want to pay less, I'm sure!

• icyjo24's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2005 at 7:19 AM

Nice photos of Borobudur on your external site... been there almost 10 yrs ago.. it still look great..

xuessium

“Time Waits Not For The Person Who Waits For Time”

Badges & Stats in Borobudur

Have you been to Borobudur?