"Succotash" succotash's Profile

Ramblings about me

I grew up travelling, and as a child sometimes envied friends who had always lived in the same house. When I was 13 I decided I needed to 'come from somewhere', and chose Wimborne Minster in Dorset. Once I had a place to 'come from' I started to relax, and for the next 10 years I saw myself as a 'World Traveller' and immortal with it! It took six months living in remote parts of South America (which I loved) to really appreciate the many good things about England.

Opportunities & setbacks

My motto would be 'seize the oppportunity'. I believe in never giving up and dividing big challenges into small bite size chunks. When faced by bigger setbacks, I try to see where they would fit in the world's Top 100 disasters, and it tends to put things into perspective.

What's important to me

My family, my husband who is my best friend, and in particular my children. Biggest challenge being bringing them up to be happy, decent people who are contributers to the world in whatever way they choose.
Decided to spend my money doing things with them and giving them experiences, rather than buying things or saving up a big inheritance for them. Biggest guilt trip, not spending as much time as I should or corresponding enough with other family members.

Other stuff

I love finding out about new places & people. Love buildings, I'm a Chartered Building Surveyor, curently working as a Diocesan Surveyor. History & archaeology (eldest son's interest). Outdoor activities, which I mostly indulge through being a sea scout leader. I'm starting to learn more about nature and the environment (youngest son's interest). Actually, it may be concerns about the impact of travelling on the environment that eventually stop us travelling, but again, the experiences that we'll have to that date will be with us forever.

• Intro Updated Mar 24, 2006

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
succotash's Profile Photo

succotash

“First thing to do to make a dream come true is to wake up”

Ranked Member