"Guangzhou - My Chinese Home" Guangzhou by Sobe-A-Rush

Guangzhou Travel Guide: 979 reviews and 2,327 photos

This was an amazing 6 months spent here! It's end of 2013 as i write this but i have been back here 2 times since leaving. Recent trip pictures posted below!
My first time here i ended up hanging around for 6 months and teaching english. This was in 2004/2005, All my reviews are done from that trip while i was living there!

Big city wise this is my favorite city in China. Just so much to do, the streets are so spicy. I loved every minute of my time here, can't wait to return and spend more quality time here.

You can read a bit of my life story on my
-------->Home Page<--------

This is our appartment complex in Guangzhou. Pretty sweet place with everything in it. We have been paying about $280 Canadian a month which is nothing, plus its fully furnished. Most homes here come fully furnished.

View from the Pagoda at the "Bright Filial Piety Temple" More of the Rural part of Guangzhou...
`

`

If You Love Travelling and being the boss of your own time then You must see my personal PlayWithLifE Video Series & PDF

There is no cost of course, I genuinely hope You are able to learn something from me :)

• Pros:Big busy city
  • Cons:You are lucky to get fresh air
  • In a nutshell:U can find almost anything here, fairly western city aswell
  • Last visit to Guangzhou: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 25, 2014

• angelochka's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2007 at 11:47 PM

thanks for your nice comment! i'm lucky-travelling to China again in a week:)about your China experience looks like you explored most the south, have a good and not so cold day!

• MizL's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2006 at 8:41 AM

I loved your pics of GZ's streets. I miss GZ so much and seeing your streets makes me happy that someone has captured them so nicely.

• Guantanamera's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2006 at 6:48 AM

I've been in GZ for the last several months... I love the Latin Grill House in Tian He. It's just like dining out in Rio. Everyone says Japan Fusion is good, will have to try it sometime...

• iamark's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2006 at 11:26 PM

well yeah, as a student i firstly hate the pollution of the city, the more i discovered the more i love it. well I'm Mark, we can share some wonderful back street areas if you like haha. linamadeus@hotmail.com

• garcam's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2005 at 4:07 PM

thank you very much, great info. i value your opinions.

• Colzy's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2005 at 4:43 PM

Hi there Yanni or whatever your name is! Thanks for visiting my HP and your nice comment. I was in Guangzhou in May 2005, we could have had a meet! Oh well such is life, I had a wicked case of food poisioning whilst I was there but loved it anyways :-)

• James008's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2005 at 10:22 AM

Thanks for the great Info!

• camilo74's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2005 at 10:00 AM

So lucky, a wanderful destination, hope some day visit this interesting country. thanks

• hotsauce28's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2005 at 3:01 PM

shrimp....worm....bait.... =)

• jojocan's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2005 at 1:11 AM

I think thats funny that you mention you need pants and shoes to play golf... would a lot of people just show up with a shirt on???

Sobe-A-Rush

“"When You change the way You look at things, the things You look at change"”

Badges & Stats in Guangzhou

Have you been to Guangzhou?

Latest Activity in Guangzhou