"Kikinda je lepa varoš" Kikinda by viddra
Kikinda Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 73 photos
al’ priznajem Kikinda je najlepša bez šale,
Kikinda je lepa varoš,
tu je Jeca i notaroš, tu je Paja i ludaja,
ta, tu vam je sve!
Prošao sam ja i Bačku, stigoh i do Srema,
al' varoši ko Kikinda, verujte mi nema.
Kikinda je lepa varoš...
Svuda podji, kući dodji, izreka je stara
Ja da odem iz Kikinde, nema takvih para.
Kikinda je lepa varoš...
Kikinda, as it is today, is a relatively new town ( 250 years old ), although there are the remains of ancient and lost cultures and civilizations to prove that the 1st settlements appeared here around 5000 B.C.
Kikinda is situated in the north of Serbia, on the border of Serbian, Romanian and Hungarian parts of Banat. To be more precise, it lies on 45 50N and 20 29E.
Kikinda was built according to the plans for building the settlements in Banat ( rectangular streets and central square with a church, a parish building, a town hall, a school and a cafe ). For 2 and a half centuries, Kikinda has saved this concept, but got more schools and cafes in the meantime.
1758 - the 1st primary school founded
1769 - the Serbian Orthodox Church Saint Nicolas built
1784 - the Roman Catholic Church built
1796 - the 1st play given in German
1834 - the 1st Serbian play given
1839 - Kurija built
1845 - the National Library founded
1845 - the 1st newspaper published
1857 - the oldest railway in Serbia built; it connected Kikinda with Szeged and Timisoara
1866 - the 1st tile and brick factories founded
1869 - the 1st bicycle appeared in the streets of our town
1874 - the 1st modern printing house founded
1876 - Gusle founded
1877 - the 1st Grammar School founded
1893 - Town Hall built
1899 - Suvača built
1909 - the 1st football team formed
1920s - Kikinda - chess centre of Serbia
1980 - the 1st 5-star hotel in Vojvodina built here
1996 - 500000-year-old fossil of a mammoth found in a clay mine of Toza Markovic roof tile plant
- In a nutshell:Take it easy
Ever since 1982 Kikinda has hosted the unique International Sculpture Symposium Terra. A lot of artists from Serbia and... more travel advice
Not far from the town square, somewhat hidden from everyone's eyes, there's this lovely lake. We call it Old Lake (Staro... more travel advice
- See All Mammoth Fest
- See All Aeroklub Kikinda
- See All Apartments
- Nightlife spots
- See All Not just a restaurant!
viddra's Related Pages
Kikinda Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Kikinda
- Hotels in Kikinda
- Transportation in Kikinda
- Nightlife in Kikinda
- Restaurants in Kikinda
- Shopping in Kikinda
- Warnings and Dangers in Kikinda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kikinda
- 40 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Kikinda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kikinda
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 59 reviews, 184 photos, 9 travelogues
- London Intro, 62 reviews, 148 photos
- Vienna Intro, 49 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 48 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 42 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 57 reviews, 98 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Novi Sad Intro, 38 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 28 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sofia Intro, 34 reviews, 86 photos
- Kikinda Intro, 40 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues