"The Lepenski Vir Site" Lepenski Vir by viddra
Lepenski Vir Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 37 photos
Lepenski Vir's the name of the great whirlpool in the middle of Djerdap, the gorges of the Danube known as the 'Iron Gates', some 14km north-west of Donji Milanovac.
This is also the place where a more than 8000- year-old-settlement was found.
25km from Majdanpek, at the spring of the Mali Pek River, you'll find 1 of the most beautiful caves in Serbia. The cave... more travel advice
Some 28 fish species live in this part of the Danube, so it's a true paradise for sport's fishermen. But this area's... more travel advice
viddra's Related Pages
Lepenski Vir Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lepenski Vir 6 500 to 4 500 BC"
- "The Lepenski Vir Site"
- "Lepenski Vir"
- "The Cradle of European Civilisation!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lepenski Vir
- Hotels in Lepenski Vir
- Transportation in Lepenski Vir
- Warnings and Dangers in Lepenski Vir
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lepenski Vir
- 11 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Lepenski Vir?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lepenski Vir
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 59 reviews, 184 photos, 9 travelogues
- London Intro, 62 reviews, 148 photos
- Vienna Intro, 49 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 48 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 42 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 57 reviews, 98 photos, 4 travelogues
- Novi Sad Intro, 38 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 28 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sofia Intro, 34 reviews, 86 photos
- Kikinda Intro, 40 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues