"Obraše se vinogradi" Vrsac by viddra
Vrsac Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 246 photos
Streched out from the clouds
A golden bunch of grapes
In one grain there's a tower of maize
In the second, a magic hill
In the third, a mother's plain
In other grains
The streets fallen asleep, at noon
And the last unpressed bag-pipes
Bigger than the Town Hall
And some highly-educated bell-towers
And wheat courts and the schools of silence
And the workshops of bee-people
The wine-grower's hand helps
Grapes to ripe
And protects them from the thieves of gold
(taken from www.eacpt.vrsac.com)
Vršac is a lovely town situated on the edge of the Pannonian plain, at the foot of the mountain with the same name.
It's one of the oldest cultural and industrial centres of Vojvodina, and the home of great artist Paja Jovanovic (1859-1957), dramatist Jovan Sterija Popovic (1806-1856) and poet Vasko Popa (1922-1991), just to mention a few.
Vršac is also very famous for its vineyards and wine. In fact, vine can be seen on the town's coat-of-arms and on the facades of the houses.
Theatre life has existed here for over 2 centuries. In fact, the 1st performance was staged in 1773, while the National... more travel advice
The Tower of Vrsac is the symbol of the town. It's the 1st thing you'll see when approaching Vrsac. The Tower stands... more travel advice
viddra's Related Pages
Vrsac Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vrsac-lepa varos"
- "Grad pod kulom"
- "Vrsac,Vojvodina,Serbia and Montenegro"
- "My home town"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vrsac
- 10 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Vrsac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vrsac
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 59 reviews, 184 photos, 9 travelogues
- London Intro, 62 reviews, 148 photos
- Vienna Intro, 49 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 48 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 42 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 57 reviews, 98 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Novi Sad Intro, 38 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 28 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sofia Intro, 34 reviews, 86 photos
- Kikinda Intro, 40 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues