"Historical centre" Top 5 Page for this destination San Marino by viddra
San Marino Travel Guide: 107 reviews and 440 photos
San Marino is the capital of a tiny country and is situated 750m above the sea level, on the south-western side of Mount Titano.
It houses several historic monuments, such as the 14th-century St. Francis Gate, the Saint's Church, dedicated to the founder of the city, St Peter’s Church, the Government House, the work of local builders, and the Valloni Palace that houses the Town Library with more than 40,000 books and the State Archives, with the valuable documents that tell the history of this unusual country.
Travelling by its fast cableway, San Marino can be reached from Borgo Maggiore in 3 mins’ time. Timetable: Jan - Feb,... more travel advice
The monument to Bartolomeo Borghesi, famous archeologist and numismatist, was made by Romagnoli and inaugurated in 1904. more travel advice
viddra's Related Pages
San Marino Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Marino – the Tiny Capital of the Tiny Republic"
- "San Marino: ancient land of liberty"
- "City of San Marino"
- "Historical centre"
- "San Marino"
- "San Marino – The oldest Republic in the World"
- "Medeval Republic of San Marino"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Marino
- Hotels in San Marino
- Transportation in San Marino
- Restaurants in San Marino
- Shopping in San Marino
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Marino
- 25 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to San Marino?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Marino
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 59 reviews, 184 photos, 9 travelogues
- London Intro, 62 reviews, 148 photos
- Vienna Intro, 49 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 48 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 42 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 57 reviews, 98 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Novi Sad Intro, 38 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 28 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sofia Intro, 34 reviews, 86 photos
- Kikinda Intro, 40 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues