"Once The Smallest Town In The World" Top 5 Page for this destination Durbuy by viddra
Durbuy Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 133 photos
Once the smallest town in the world, Durbuy is located on the banks of the Ourthe River, at the edge of the Ardennes, not far from Liège, Namur and Marche.
Founded somewhere during the 11th century, around a castle constructed by the Count of Luxembourg. Durbuy and its castle had to serve as a defense town against possible aggressions of the mighty neighbour, the Prince bishop of Liège. In the 14th century, Durbuy was granted city rights by Count John of Bohemia. A defense wall was built around the city.
This is a very small place but lovely to visit.
viddra's Related Pages
Durbuy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Durbuy ... the smallest town in the world???"
- "WELCOME TO MY DURBUY PAGE ......:-)"
- "I will have to return to Durbuy, meanwhile... :)"
- "The smallest city in the world"
- "Once The Smallest Town In The World"
- "Smallest City in the World, Oké, at least Belgium."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Durbuy
- Hotels in Durbuy
- Transportation in Durbuy
- Restaurants in Durbuy
- Shopping in Durbuy
- Warnings and Dangers in Durbuy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Durbuy
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Durbuy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Durbuy
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 59 reviews, 184 photos, 9 travelogues
- London Intro, 62 reviews, 148 photos
- Vienna Intro, 49 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 48 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 42 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 57 reviews, 98 photos, 4 travelogues
- Novi Sad Intro, 38 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 28 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sofia Intro, 34 reviews, 86 photos
- Kikinda Intro, 40 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues