"The magic of the mosaics" Top 5 Page for this destination Ravenna by viddra
Ravenna Travel Guide: 347 reviews and 1,029 photos
Ravenna is famous for its history, mosaics and eight monumental buildings. The Basilica of St Apollinarus in Classe, the Basilica of St Apollinarus Nuovo, the Basilica of St Vitale (all from the 6th century), the Arian Baptistery and the Orthodox Baptistery (both from the 5th century) are just a few of them.
It used to be a very powerful place, even the capital of the Western Empire.
On the right of Dante's temple, a gate leads into the garden of the so-named Quadrarco di Braccioforte, beneath which... more travel advice
viddra's Related Pages
Ravenna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Byzantine culture blended with Italian flavour!"
- "Ravenna, City of Mosaics"
- "The magic of the mosaics"
- "Once was famous"
- "Ravenna - A Byzantine Centre"
- "Basilica di Sant' Apollinare Nuovo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ravenna
- Hotels in Ravenna
- Transportation in Ravenna
- Nightlife in Ravenna
- Restaurants in Ravenna
- Shopping in Ravenna
- Warnings and Dangers in Ravenna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ravenna
- 17 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Ravenna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ravenna
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 59 reviews, 184 photos, 9 travelogues
- London Intro, 62 reviews, 148 photos
- Vienna Intro, 49 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 48 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 42 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 57 reviews, 98 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Novi Sad Intro, 38 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 28 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sofia Intro, 34 reviews, 86 photos
- Kikinda Intro, 40 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues