"Beal Feirste" Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast by viddra
Belfast Travel Guide: 1,107 reviews and 2,527 photos
Belfast, the capital and largest city of Northern Ireland, was founded on the sandy mouth of the Lagan River in 1613 by settlers from Britain. It took its name from Beal Feirste (Irish for 'the mouth of the sandbank').
Belfast remained a small trading port until about 1800, and soon became a major industrial city.
Famous for shipbuilding (the Titanic built here) and Irish linen, Belfast has two airports, two universities, two cathedrals, two riverside venues for mega-events, and just one Grand Opera House.
Ulster Museum & Botanic Gardens
Grand Opera House
Albert Memorial Clock
St George's Market
Crown Liquor Saloon
Wellington Place, named after the Duke of Wellington, who lived for some time in the south of the city, is famous for... more travel advice
viddra's Related Pages
Belfast Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Belfast Northern Ireland"
- "A trip down memory lane"
- "Beal Feirste"
- "Quick Trip To belfast"
- "A unique city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belfast
- Hotels in Belfast
- Transportation in Belfast
- Nightlife in Belfast
- Restaurants in Belfast
- Shopping in Belfast
- Warnings and Dangers in Belfast
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belfast
- 42 Reviews
- 116 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Belfast?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belfast
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 59 reviews, 184 photos, 9 travelogues
- London Intro, 62 reviews, 148 photos
- Vienna Intro, 49 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 48 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 42 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 57 reviews, 98 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Novi Sad Intro, 38 reviews, 88 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 28 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sofia Intro, 34 reviews, 86 photos
- Kikinda Intro, 40 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues