"Colonial city in the mountains" Taxco de Alarcón by el_ruso
Taxco de Alarcón Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 90 photos
This is a very likeable city in the mountains 2.5 - 3 hours by bus from Mexico City. The mountains around the city are beautiful by themselves as well.
The city consists of mostly whitewashed buildings from the XVII century. There are a lot of silver stores, especially in the center.
It is fun just to walk around the city, but be aware that the streets are steep and it is fairly easy to get lost.
- Pros:history, natural setting
- Cons:you have to be physically fit to enjoy it
- In a nutshell:a great respite from the bustle of Mexico City
el_ruso's Related Pages
Taxco de Alarcón Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Colonial city in the mountains"
- "Hillside Taxco"
- "Taxco, Colonial Gem in the Hills"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taxco de Alarcón
- Hotels in Taxco de Alarcón
- Transportation in Taxco de Alarcón
- Restaurants in Taxco de Alarcón
- Shopping in Taxco de Alarcón
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Taxco de Alarcón
- 17 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Taxco de Alarcón?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taxco de Alarcón
Photos in Taxco de AlarcónSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 103 reviews, 127 photos
- Prague Intro, 73 reviews, 156 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 59 reviews, 115 photos
- Houston Intro, 64 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 42 reviews, 95 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 43 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bogotá Intro, 32 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 31 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 40 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.