"City of Clouds and Big Windows" Vancouver by el_ruso
Vancouver Travel Guide: 4,170 reviews and 9,053 photos
This is definitely a must see! It is a vibrant city which is clean and laid back. The natural setting is wonderful, full of wildlife and beautiful scenery.
Basically, the city seems to offer the benefits and lifestyle of Manhattan without the negatives. Highrises are not too high, and the space between them is full of light and greenery. The city is immaculately clean, and its residents very friendly.
Another draw is its mix of cultures. The city has a significant Asian, particularly Chinese, population. Also the heritage of aboriginal people of Haida and Kwakiutl tribes is sincerely embraced by newcomers and readily shared by the native people themselves.
- Pros:unique culture, beautiful setting, modern urban lifestyle
- Cons:very, very far; too much rain and clouds
- In a nutshell:one of the best destinations in the world
People here don't bother animals, and the city is largely clean, so this place feels a bit like Galapagos: a lot of wild... more travel advice
Modern apartment towers 'invade' eastern parts of the city as well. more travel advice
el_ruso's Related Pages
Vancouver Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Local's Perspective"
- "Vancouver, BC - Canada's Pacific Gem!"
- "Vancouver, BC, Canada!"
- "Vancouver, my current home"
- "Vancouver,the best neighbor city of the USA!"
- "The big city on the West Coast"
- "Welcome to Beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vancouver
- Hotels in Vancouver
- Transportation in Vancouver
- Nightlife in Vancouver
- Restaurants in Vancouver
- Shopping in Vancouver
- Warnings and Dangers in Vancouver
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vancouver
- 40 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Vancouver?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vancouver
Photos in VancouverSee All Photos (66)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 103 reviews, 127 photos
- Prague Intro, 73 reviews, 156 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 59 reviews, 115 photos
- Houston Intro, 64 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 42 reviews, 95 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 43 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bogotá Intro, 32 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 31 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 40 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.