Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path Tips by el_ruso
Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path: 139 reviews and 172 photos
A stunning aquarium across the river from Philly. The huge tank contains gigantic turtles and tiger sharks among other stunning fishes. Also has a tucan exhibit, and watching these birds is a lot of fun. There is also an air carrier there.
WARNING: you may take the NJ subway line and walk to the aquarium, which is what I did, but I would not recommend it. Camden is UGLY, DIRTY and the parts of the Bronx that I have seen (granted, I have not seen many) appears to be a lot safer... Take a river taxi or a normal taxi instead.
Harrisburg, the capital of Pennsylvania is worth a trip if you are interested in architecture.
The state capitol located there WILL BLOW YOUR MIND. It is very elaborately decorated inside, and is one of the most elaborate buildings in the United States.
More Reviews (25)
el_ruso's Related Pages
Philadelphia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fantastic Philly! My homebase."
- "PHILADELPHIA--Brotherly Love And More"
- "Philadelphia and the Delaware Valley"
- "City of Brotherly Love"
- "I LIKE my history with a shot and a beer!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Philadelphia
- Hotels in Philadelphia
- Transportation in Philadelphia
- Nightlife in Philadelphia
- Restaurants in Philadelphia
- Shopping in Philadelphia
- Warnings and Dangers in Philadelphia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Philadelphia
- 27 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Philadelphia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Philadelphia
Photos in PhiladelphiaSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 103 reviews, 127 photos
- Prague Intro, 73 reviews, 156 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 59 reviews, 115 photos
- Houston Intro, 64 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 42 reviews, 95 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 43 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bogotá Intro, 32 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 31 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 40 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art- 57 Reviews, 82 Photos
- ChinaTown- 19 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Penn's Landing- 23 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Liberty Bell- 52 Reviews, 69 Photos
- Independence - Carpenter's Hall- 84 Reviews, 148 Photos
- City Hall- 36 Reviews, 64 Photos
- South Street- 13 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Reading Terminal Market- 25 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Center City- 15 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Boathouse Row- 8 Reviews, 8 Photos
See All Philadelphia Things to Do