"The City in the Mountains" Bucaramanga by el_ruso
Bucaramanga Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 90 photos
Bucaramanga is a sleepy very warm town located amid breathtaking scenery one hour by a plane to the north from Bogota. The main sight is a white-washed historic center of a suburb called Giron; its colonial-style buidlings and cobblestoned streets made it a National monument. The center of Bucaramanga is dirty and unattractive, but the newer areas are pretty and have a lot of parks. The area of the expensive highrises called Cabecera is rather pleasant to walk around and is the nicest part of the city. The city always has a very pleasant temperature, neither too hot nor too cold.
- Pros:gorgeous scenery, tranquility, colonial architecture of Jiron
- Cons:feels very provincial
- In a nutshell:tranquility amid beautiful mountains
The colonial center of barrio Giron is beautiful and well preserved, even though its cobblestones make it difficult to... more travel advice
The University is located in the best part of the city. It offers exchange programs. more travel advice
el_ruso's Related Pages
Bucaramanga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The City in the Mountains"
- "The "beatiful City""
- "Bucaramanga, City of Parks"
- "Colombia - Bucaramanga"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bucaramanga
- Hotels in Bucaramanga
- Transportation in Bucaramanga
- Nightlife in Bucaramanga
- Restaurants in Bucaramanga
- Shopping in Bucaramanga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bucaramanga
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Bucaramanga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bucaramanga
Photos in BucaramangaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 103 reviews, 127 photos
- Prague Intro, 73 reviews, 156 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 59 reviews, 115 photos
- Houston Intro, 64 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 42 reviews, 95 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 43 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bogotá Intro, 32 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 31 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 40 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.
Latest Bucaramanga hotel reviews
- Dann Carlton Bucaramanga Hotel
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 2, 2013