"The Queen City of Colombia" Top 5 Page for this destination Cali by el_ruso
Cali Travel Guide: 165 reviews and 477 photos
Pablo Neruda wrote about this city (from my memory):
There are cities larger than you,
There are cities greater than you,
There are cities purer than you,
But you, Cali, are the queen!
Cali is the third largest city in Colombia, just behind Medellin. It is located in the valley of river Cauca - hence the locals of the area are called "Vallunos". It is warm, but definitely not hot, and nights are refreshing.
It is famous in Colombia and abroad as its paty capital, and the locals are famous for being outgoing and funloving. The Oeste area along the River Cali is very nice, is home to the fine zoo and a Cat statue - the symbol of the city. Nearby is a hill San Antonio with a fine vista of the city and streets of traditional houses. There is an inordinate amount of public fountain throughout. They are generally not particularly fancy or creative, but there are many of them everywhere, and it is a nice and unexpected touch.
The center is home to some impressive civic buildings but is somewhat rundown. The Zona Rosa is also somewhat rundown, but the nearby barrio Granada is being gentrified. The southern suburbs are also nice and offer fine shopping and restaurants.
You will see a statue of Cristo Rey and Three Crosses on the mountains surrounding the city.
- Pros:beautiful women, numerous party spots
- Cons:somewhat rundown in comparison to other major Colombian cities
- In a nutshell:the party destination in Colombia
The original party zone, Zona Rosa, is located along Avenida Sexta just north of the downtown. It is somewhat rundown,... more travel advice
The river is a very pretty mountain stream. In the Oeste area there is a nice park along its course. It contains a Cat... more travel advice
el_ruso's Related Pages
Cali Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Colorful Cali: Who's Watching Who?"
- "Cali -- Why are people so afraid?"
- "A short visit to Cali"
- "The Queen City of Colombia"
- "My Cali trip."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cali
- Hotels in Cali
- Transportation in Cali
- Nightlife in Cali
- Restaurants in Cali
- Shopping in Cali
- Warnings and Dangers in Cali
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cali
- 17 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Cali?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cali
Photos in CaliSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 103 reviews, 127 photos
- Prague Intro, 73 reviews, 156 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 59 reviews, 115 photos
- Houston Intro, 64 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 42 reviews, 95 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 43 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bogotá Intro, 32 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 31 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 40 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.
Latest Cali hotel reviews
- Cali Hotel Casa Del Alferez
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 20, 2013
- Four Points Sheraton Cali
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 27, 2013
- Hotel Toscana Plaza Cali
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Cali Plaza
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 13, 2013
- InterContinental Hotel Cali
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Radisson Royal Hotel Cali
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 26, 2013
- Torre De Cali Hotel
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 15, 2013
- GHL Comfort Torre de Cali Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion