"My Travels" el_ruso's Profile
I was born in Russia, but now live in Miami, USA (which I have quickly grown to love). I have also lived in Houston and New Orleans.
I LOVE to travel, as you can tell. I think one experiences so much more when he travels, that it will take a month at home to match the dose of excitment you get from beeing at a new place for just one day.
My travels so far:
11/06 - Central Europe (Prague, Dresden, Zurich)
11/06 - Cali, Colombia
10/06 - returned to New York City for a few days
04/06 - Cartagena, Colombia
12/05 - Portugal (Lisbon, Porto, Guimaraes, Obidos, Evora, Elvas)
10/05 - Venezuela (Caracas, Valencia)
09/05 - Cleveland, USA - most recent trip
08/05 - Colombia (Bogota, Medellin, Bucaramanga); I have friends there, so visit periodicaly
08/05 - Montreal, Canada
07/05 - Boston, USA
07/05 - Vancouver, Canada
05/05 - the most recent trip to Russia
04/05 - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
03/05 - San Juan, Puerto Rico
02/05 - Mexico City, Teotihuacan, Taxco
02/05 - Quito, Ecuador
01/05 - Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
11/04 - New York City, most recent trip
11/03 - Phiadelphia, USA
06/03 - Paris, France
11/02 - Miami, USA (I lived in Houston then)
01/02 - New Orleans, USA
11/01 - Oklahoma, USA
09/01 - Pittsburgh, USA
05/95 - Washington & Baltimore
I have also been all over Texas and Florida.
My favorite pages?
St. Petersburg, Russia
Portugal pages (check out my Evora page in particular for the stone age monument!)
Colombian pages - I love this country!!!
Rio de Janeiro
Thank you for visiting! I hope you enjoyed the pics and found the tips to be useful.
My plans for the next two years:
Chicago - I am amazed I haven't been there!
Kiev, Ukraine - my family is actually from Ukraine, the Cherkassy province, and I have been to Ukraine last time when I was very very little. Hope to get to know Kiev and see some family.
Southern Spain - always has been a place I was imagining. I am eager to see it with my own eyes!
Italy - I will probably have to divide it into two trips, since there is so much to see and asorb!
Turkey - see the St Sofia and other places.
Israel - obvious reasons.
Great Britain - one of the greatest countries in the world (hopefully though the exchange rates will be more favorable :D)
Well, these are the plans. Let's see how much I will be able to accomplish.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,439 Reviews
- 2,742 Photos
- 20 Countries
- 80 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
- Wrote a Review Mosque Al-Mursi about Mosques and islamic sites in Alexandria Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "What a pleasant surprise!"
- created a Alexandria Travel Page "What a pleasant surprise!"
- Commented on one of joiwatani's Olympic National Park travel pages
- Posted in Travel Gent Forum "Re: Question on planning a trip..."
updated their Profile Page "My Travels"
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 103 reviews, 127 photos
- Prague Intro, 73 reviews, 156 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 59 reviews, 115 photos
- Houston Intro, 64 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 42 reviews, 95 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 43 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bogotá Intro, 32 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 40 reviews, 88 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 31 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 40 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.