"Coyoacan" Coyoacán by gomexico
Coyoacán Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 144 photos
Located within Mexico City itself, about 10 km south of the Zocalo area, Coyoacán is said to have been the base of operations of Hernan Cortés after the fall of the Aztecs and Tenochtitlán. The colonia is close to the giant UNAM campus and is the area in which Leon Trotsky, Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo lived (among other notables). Coyoacán is a major tourist destination. The colonia is well served by public transportation. Metro Station "Viveros" is the closest and served by Line 3.
- Pros:A part of the Federal District rich in the earlier history of the nation.
- Cons:It's an expensive place to visit and there are too many tourists.
- In a nutshell:Trendy but worth a visit.
"El dia de la Candelaria" is the day of the Candle or Light, known as the Day of Purification. It is celebrated on... more travel advice
Not all "tourist traps" are bad, I guess . . . but for me central/historic Coyoacan is one big mob of tourists and I'm a... more travel advice
gomexico's Related Pages
Coyoacán Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Place of Coyotes"
- "Coyoacan - Frida Kahlo's home town"
- "Coyoacán - Place of the Coyotes"
- "Coyoacan - More than just Frida's House"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Coyoacán
- Transportation in Coyoacán
- Nightlife in Coyoacán
- Restaurants in Coyoacán
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coyoacán
- 4 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Coyoacán?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coyoacán
Top 10 Pages
- Copala Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 21 reviews
- Coyoacán Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Chicago 3 reviews
- Dublin Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Acapulco Intro, 3 photos
- Toluca Intro, 3 photos
- Chilapa de Alvarez Intro, 3 photos
- Tlaxcala de Xicohténcatl Intro, 3 photos
- Mexico 1 review
No friends yet.