Pulau Ambon Off The Beaten Path Tips by vicka
Pulau Ambon Off The Beaten Path: 8 reviews and 13 photos
Upacara Turun Perahu
The first day arrived at Ambon, I was very hungry and left the hotel to look for breakfast. But then when I was sitting near a traditional market, these people were passing the street with a wooden boat! Ambon people called it "Upacara Turun Perahu" (special ceremony for newly made boat) to avoid any bad luck.
On the way to Tulehun
Located in Tulehu village--east of Ambon, this place is not a luxurious hot spring water but you can also feel relax due to the remote place in the middle of forrest. There is an old couple who take care the place and usually you must pay IDR 5,000 for 1 person to enter the place.
Other Contact: about 2,7 km from Tulehu road
Toko Persada Nusantara
Toko Persada Nusantara is one of store that sells Ambon traditional cookies. Located at Jalan Tulu Kabesi and can be reached with local transportation. So, before you leave Ambon, don't forget to buy the cookies! =)
More Reviews (11)
- Scuba Diving freak
- Sun block must have!
- Ask more before using local...
- It's a coffee time!
vicka's Related Pages
Pulau Ambon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Spicy Island, Ambon Manise"
- "Ambon Manisé over the seven seas"
- "Ambon manise"
- "Ambon Manise"
- "coming home ... successfully landed in ambon"
- "Ambon: The Capital of Maluku Province"
- "Pulau Ambon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Ambon
- Hotels in Pulau Ambon
- Transportation in Pulau Ambon
- Restaurants in Pulau Ambon
- Shopping in Pulau Ambon
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Ambon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Ambon
- 14 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Pulau Ambon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Ambon
Top 5 Pages
- Pulau Ambon Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Pulau Bintan Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Ujunggenteng Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Banyuwangi Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Bali Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos