"N i c o s i a" Nicosia District by Eric-Sabin
Nicosia District Travel Guide: 367 reviews and 956 photos
Nicosia is a very lively and generally warm city, located in the center of Cyprus. I spent a couple hours here sight seeing and people watching.
The man in this picture is Ataturk, the first president of Turkey. He is the man who converted Turks from the Arabic alphabet to the Latin alphabet. He also did away with the head scarfs and the black burkas that women used to wear and also did away with the fes (sp?) that men used to wear. He was very modern and wanted Turkey to belong in with the European countries. He was never married and died of cirrhosis of the liver due to too much alcohol.
Eric-Sabin's Related Pages
Nicosia District Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nicosia, a Divided House"
- "Destinations in Nicosia District"
- "N i c o s i a"
- "North Nicosia, CY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nicosia District
- Hotels in Nicosia District
- Transportation in Nicosia District
- Nightlife in Nicosia District
- Restaurants in Nicosia District
- Shopping in Nicosia District
- Warnings and Dangers in Nicosia District
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nicosia District
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Nicosia District?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nicosia District
Top 10 Pages
- San Diego Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Cleveland Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Roosevelt Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Glen Arbor Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Sedona Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Honor Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Kyrenia District Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos