"KOMORO, NAGANO" Komoro by blubee

Komoro Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 1 photos

HOMESTAY IN KOMORO

Now , going to most exciting part of our trip. HOMESTAY ! YEHEY ! Meeting our foster parents and sister for the first time is just like having birth pains. You don't know what will come out of it. Meeting my foster sister for the first time, I feel so lucky because SHE SPEAKS FLUENT ENGLISH ! She ( Sachiko ) is the only daughter . Her parents are reserved but gentle couple whose idea of fun is staying at home. Her dad works in a nearby toyota plant and is a very responsible man. Each day , he comes home right after work and I couldn't help but notice how he loves his family.

komoro

Komoro is so beautiful. Every morning, you wake up and smell a cool mist of mint air. Their house is a short drive away from Mt. Hazama. Komoro is situated in Nagano. It is famous for its hot springs, ski resorts and camping sites. People here are so friendly. We visited their local park name Kaikoen. This park has a castle built by a warrior named Takeda Shingen. We walked up to the castle and savor the view of Chikuna River below.

KUSATSU MOUNTAIN & HOT SPRING

If you ask me, what is the best place that i have ever been, I would tell you one of them is Kusatsu . It is a mountain ski resort . Our foaster family brought us there and we ran around like crazy. At the back of the mountain, We were amazed to see streams of sulfuric water. This is the first time i have seen sulfuric green rivers and it is BOILING HOT HOT HOT ! The smell is terrible, i feel a churn in my tummy ! Yet I love the scenery. We walk around the place and came across a private onsen. ( hot spring ). We took a dip and immerse ourselves into the communal hot spring bath. It was a wonderful treat after a tiring day !

• Last visit to Komoro: Apr 2001
  • Intro Updated Nov 20, 2005

Comments

blubee

“on the road again ! planes, trains and whatever !”

Ranked Member