"The Maggots" Dorchester by Meadows11
Dorchester Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 38 photos
Dorchester- where do I start? It is the neigbouring town to my hometown of Weymouth and is not a place I often visit through choice.
I think that perhaps my disdain for this town stems from the football rivalry we have with them. Our true rivals are and have always been Yeovil Town, but since they left us behind on their ascent through the leagues, our local friends 'oop north' have developed a rivalry with us. Nicknamed by themselves as the Magpies due to their black & white striped kits, we in our sophisticated humour have re-labelled them the Maggots!
- Pros:Hmm... I'll Get Back To You On That One!
- Cons:Football Team, Worst Christmas Lights In Britain, etc
- In a nutshell:Crap hole!
Every Boxing Day or New Years Day, providing we are still in the same league, The Avenue hosts one of the two bank... more travel advice
Meadows11's Related Pages
Dorchester Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Beautiful Village of Dorchester-on-Thames"
- "A hommage to Thomas Hardy"
- "Dorchester on Thames, actually.............."
- "County town of Dorset"
- "Dorchester: Overlooked Little Burg"
- "The Maggots"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dorchester
- Hotels in Dorchester
- Transportation in Dorchester
- Restaurants in Dorchester
- Shopping in Dorchester
- Warnings and Dangers in Dorchester
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dorchester
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Dorchester?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dorchester
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 27 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Weymouth Intro, 33 reviews, 26 photos
- Paris Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Bangkok 30 reviews
- Amsterdam Intro, 15 reviews, 10 photos
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Orlando 16 reviews, 4 photos
- Alton Intro, 11 reviews, 6 photos
- Castle Donnington 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Exeter 3 reviews, 3 photos
No friends yet.