"Not just a Pie(r)" Wigan by grimbolero
Wigan Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 47 photos
Wigan is a proud town in the North West of England, between Manchester and Liverpool. It has heritage which means a lot to the locals, but it has to be said, this isn't a holiday destination.
It is worth visiting, though, for the industrial archeology at the Pier or if you want to find the origins of Northern Soul.
- Pros:Interesting industrial history, great accents.
- Cons:Non-descript, post-industrial town.
- In a nutshell:Nice, but not pretty
There had to be something here about the pier. Most English seaside resorts have a pier - a long ironwork path standing... more travel advice
grimbolero's Related Pages
Wigan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Discovering the Wigan Way"
- "Uncle Joes mint balls an a Pier"
- "The Road to Wigan Pier"
- "Pride of the Northwest"
- "Not just a Pie(r)"
- "Home Sweet Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wigan
- Hotels in Wigan
- Transportation in Wigan
- Nightlife in Wigan
- Restaurants in Wigan
- Shopping in Wigan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wigan
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Wigan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wigan
Top 10 Pages
- Auch Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Michelstadt Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limone sul Garda Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Castres Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- San Quirico d'Orcia Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Catania Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ayamonte Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Tenno 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Bagni San Filippo Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Doolin Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
No friends yet.