"Ennistymon" Ennistimon by grimbolero
Ennistimon Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 28 photos
Locally it is called Inis Diomain.
This little town in County Clare, not far from the stunning Cliffs of Moher, hides a little secret, though with one hostelry called the "Falls Hotel" and this sign, may be it is not so secret.
You can get a glimpse of the falls if you are travelling by car from Ennis towards the Cliffs, as the road splits here and crosses the cascades on a little bridge.
We parked up, and followed the sign down an ulikely gap between the buildings.
Suddenly our ears were assaulted by a roar of water, and the unexpectedly wide river came in to view.
Looking back up towards the road bridge gives this view. The picture was taken in January, so the water was in flood - though knowing West Ireland and rain, it is probably in flood all year round.
grimbolero's Related Pages
Ennistimon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ennistimon - Gateway to the cliffs of Moher."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ennistimon
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Ennistimon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ennistimon
Top 10 Pages
- Auch Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Michelstadt Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limone sul Garda Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Castres Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- San Quirico d'Orcia Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Catania Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ayamonte Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Tenno 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Bagni San Filippo Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Doolin Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
No friends yet.