"Portmeiron" Portmeirion by grimbolero
Portmeirion Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 153 photos
Though it is over 10 years since we visited Portmeirion, I know it will not have changed. It is a preserved piece of whimsy on a grand scale.
From the Victorian villa which houses the main hotel, to the classical architecture of the village itself - all is built to the design of one man - Sir Clough Williams-Ellis, who wanted to blend architecture and landscape. The place he chose, on the far nothwest coast of Wales, means this is not on the main tourists routes of the UK, but deserves a visit by the more far-ranging traveller.
- Pros:Semi-historic, beautifully designed, well off the international tourist trail
- Cons:All village buildings are part of the hotel - entrance is chargeable
- In a nutshell:Whimsical classical architecture in North Wales
grimbolero's Related Pages
Portmeirion Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Portmeirion Prisoners"
- "A touch of Italy - In North Wales"
- "PORTMEIRION - ARCHITECTURAL GEM & CULT LOCATION!"
- "Day Trip to the Beach"
- "I am not a Number"
- "In Search of Number Six"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Portmeirion
- Hotels in Portmeirion
- Transportation in Portmeirion
- Restaurants in Portmeirion
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Portmeirion
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Portmeirion?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Portmeirion
Top 10 Pages
- Auch Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Michelstadt Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limone sul Garda Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Castres Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- San Quirico d'Orcia Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Catania Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ayamonte Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Tenno 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Bagni San Filippo Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Doolin Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
No friends yet.