"Castres -" Castres by grimbolero
Castres Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 27 photos
The town square with lights - the white stuff is simulated frost and snow, but the temperature was really -5C. Though this place is in the south of France, it gets very cold.
Castres is about 50KM due east of Toulouse, and similarly due north of Carcasonne, from which it is seperated by the Black Mountain.
Travelling through the mountain roads in the depths of winter can be ... interesting.. The hoare frost on the trees here shows how cold it gets.
Castres is a lovely town without having any major architectural monuments or important role in history. It does have associations with Toulouse Lautrec who was born up the road in Albi, and was the birth place of Jean Jaures, the great French Socialist leader.
However, its modern draw is that it is home to one of France's top rugby teams, and has become a visiting place for many of Europe's club rugby followers.
Here, Castres take on Sale Sharks, the english national champions of 2006.
The winding streets in the centre of the town hide a wide range of interesting shops. more travel advice
grimbolero's Related Pages
Castres Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Castres -"
- "Goya By the River"
- "One day in a little but beautiful town"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Castres
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Castres?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Castres
Photos in CastresSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Auch Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Michelstadt Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limone sul Garda Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- San Quirico d'Orcia Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Castres Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Catania Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ayamonte Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Tenno 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Bagni San Filippo Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Doolin Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Castres hotel reviews
- Hotel de l'Europe
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 18, 2013