"Cardona" Cardona by seatpants
Cardona Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 17 photos
This is where I fell in love with Catalunya! You can just imagine waking up to the unfamiliar sound of sheep bells (I live in NYC) and an occasional car putting around down below the castle walls. Upon opening the wooden shutters in my room, the first thing I see is the misty valley below and then nothing but the country side to the south and the snow capped Pyrenees to the north. I then inhaled like I never have before! I heard some commotion in the distance and looked down and watched a smallish older women hitting some sheep with her cane across the road. I turned around to my future wife and said I GET it now!
- Pros:not far from Barcelona and the Parador is amazing
- Cons:not staying longer
- In a nutshell:This town is amazing at making you feel isolated from the World!
On the other hand, the cafe upstairs has amazing views and some great simple tapas. The Jamon and the olives were... more travel advice
seatpants' Related Pages
Cardona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Old Castle, with a splash of Salt"
- "Unforgettable night at the Parador"
- "The defender of Catalonia"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cardona
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Cardona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cardona
- Posted in Travel Spain Forum "Re: Schengen Student Visa ?"
- Wrote a Review watch an old lady beat a sheep while you eat tapas in Cardona Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "watch an old lady beat a sheep while you eat tapas"
- created a Cardona Travel Page "Cardona"
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadaqués Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Cardona Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Solsona Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Andorra la Vella Intro, 1 photo