"Carmel By the Sea" Top 5 Page for this destination Carmel-by-the-Sea by cnango
Carmel-by-the-Sea Travel Guide: 422 reviews and 1,232 photos
Carmel is such a quaint seaside village nestled in a pine forest . The tree lined streets are full of boutique shops, art galleries,cute cottages, lots of cafes & restaurants.It is also home to a historical Spanish Mission with Mediterranean fountains & gardens.No streetlights, mailboxes ,tacky signs or discount warehouses are allowed here.It is also against the law in Carmel to cut trees & if mature tree roots break a side walk they just make a new sidewalk that goes over or around it There are no tract houses or mass produced anything. The homes are all picture perfect and sometimes seem like something from a fairytale.The unique charm of Carmel is both well planned & protected. The beach has soft white sand & is a very beautiful part of the California Coastline.
- Pros:Beautiful nature & architecture, lots of shops & cafes.
- Cons:Only the rich can live here.
- In a nutshell:Charming Seaside Village
Take a scenic drive on Highway 1 to Monterey and the charming seaside village of Pacific Grove. Monterey is home to lots... more travel advice
The shores at Carmel by the Sea are protected and if the law is violated the fines are steep.The sign pictured here says... more travel advice
cnango's Related Pages
Carmel-by-the-Sea Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Carmel By the Sea"
- "Quaint "Olde England" feeling in Carmel, CA"
- "Storybook Beach Town"
- "On the California Central Coast"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Carmel-by-the-Sea
- Hotels in Carmel-by-the-Sea
- Transportation in Carmel-by-the-Sea
- Nightlife in Carmel-by-the-Sea
- Restaurants in Carmel-by-the-Sea
- Shopping in Carmel-by-the-Sea
- Warnings and Dangers in Carmel-by-the-Sea
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Carmel-by-the-Sea
- 11 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Carmel-by-the-Sea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Carmel-by-the-Sea
- Commented on one of SONG's Carmel-by-the-Sea travel pages
- updated a Carmel-by-the-Sea Travel Page "Carmel By the Sea"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Go ahead New Zeland!!!!"
- Wrote a Review Take a Scenic Drive to Pacific Grove & Monterey in Carmel-by-the-Sea Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Take a Scenic Drive to Pacific Grove & Monterey"
Photos in Carmel-by-the-SeaSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Airlie Beach Intro, 1 review, 16777215 photos
- Paris Intro, 16777215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abel Tasman National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nelson Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carmel-by-the-Sea Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laguna Beach Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Queenstown Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Capistrano Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eureka Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos
- Santa Barbara Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos