"Nelson" Top 5 Page for this destination Nelson by cnango

Nelson Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 182 photos

Nelson is a charming beach town with a lot of historical homes,shops & restuarants.It is also home to a lot of Kiwi artists. I enjoyed browsing and purchasing some works of art. Nelson also has vineyards and has the record number of sunny days in NZ. It is also very close to the entrance of the beautiful National treasure, Abel Tasman National Park. We stayed in a homestay as we were traveling as a family.But If I ever go back with my husband alone I would love to stay in one of their romantic bed & breakfasts & perhaps do a wine tour in one of the nearby vineyards!

• Last visit to Nelson: Feb 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 8, 2009

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2010 at 1:38 AM

Helpful tips. Thank you. Looks like a place to spend some time relaxing and ambling around.

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2009 at 6:54 AM

Great page, this looks beautiful. Would love to get to NZ.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2008 at 12:58 PM

Handmade drums, long-haired street musicians, an Italian B&B -- this beautiful place has some unusual and (to me at least) surprising features. Interesting that Nelson and Eureka have signed a Friendship Agreement.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2007 at 2:21 PM

What a wonderful job you have done with the Nelson pages. I love architecture so was fascinated by the historical homes. Found the Paua Shells interesting. Would love the vineyards. Terrific photographs.

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2007 at 11:31 PM

what a beautiful place, but it seems so far

• Kate-Me's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2007 at 10:00 PM

Great tip thanks. If it's as pretty as Napier, I'm going to love it when we go there in May. Kate

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2006 at 11:31 AM

Hello Nancy! Nelson looks like a very interesting place. Your page has excellent information and pics. Happy birthday from Finland!

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2006 at 9:41 AM

My dad wanted to retire in Nelson after seeing it many years ago. Now I see why. Thanks for sharing.

• la_beba's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2006 at 4:19 PM

I worked in Beverly Hills once, and it would take me 1hr20min during the week to get to work, but on a Saturday: I'd make it to my office in 25 mins! CRAZY!

• kris-t's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2006 at 6:16 AM

Hi Nancy! Amazing place, isn't it!? I love NZ! Thank you for comments our Niagara page! Kris

cnango

“A True Traveler Even Enjoys a Detour”

Badges & Stats in Nelson