"FOOTSCRAY" Footscray by aussiejen
Footscray Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 14 photos
Footscray, a suburb not far from the heart of Melbourne, has long been an area for migrants new to Australia.
In previous years the population was predominantly Italian, but recently seems to be mainly Asian, although there is now a large contingent of Africans.
Unique African handicraft stores and restaurants are springing up alongside the Vietnamese shops and restaurants.
This is a wonderful area to visit and feel as if you have left Australia.
Most of the Vietnamese restaurants are located along Barkly St. It's hard to choose which one to eat at, but we have a favourite called "HUY HUY".
The Footscray Market is also worth a visit. Here you will find fresh fruit and vegetables, along with fresh fish and meat and various other shops.
Don't forget to check out "Little Saigon" (see my tips) for even better prices and variety.
- Pros:Great Vietnamese food.
These shoes were just inside the entrance to the market. My friend couldn't resist buying a pair for her grandaughter.... more travel advice
This market is the place to go to for great prices on fruit & veg as well as meat and fresh fish. You will find lots of... more travel advice
aussiejen's Related Pages
Footscray Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Footscray - West of Melbourne City"
- "my Australian adventure began here on 1.07.2002"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Footscray
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Footscray?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Footscray
Top 10 Pages
- Melbourne Intro, 21 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 22 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 25 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ubud Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 15 reviews, 37 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sanur Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- Sydney Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amed Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Melton Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos