"Yuma on the border" Top 5 Page for this destination Yuma by Paisleypaul
Yuma Travel Guide: 194 reviews and 428 photos
Yuma is in the corner of Arizona that borders SE California and Mexico. We stopped over on a drive from Phoenix to LA - a slight diversion but worth the scenery and to us we wanted a reasonable centre of population - it is now third in Arizona after Phoenix & Tucson.
The drive here and away is scenic rather than the town itself which sprawls several miles along the Interstate. When we left in the morning at 10-30 it was already 120 F, however having arrived about 4pm it was cooling enough to swim and laze by the pool at our Super 8 Motel
Best known in fiction for the films 3:10 to Yuma (remade in 2006) this is of course not set in Yuma - although the other notable work is the 1985 novel "Blood Meridian", by "No Country for Old Men" author Cormac McCarthy - a work wont to be found on Time Magazine lists of the Top 100 English language novels
- Pros:Great sense for turist of being in the desert
- Cons:Only our one day stopover
- In a nutshell:Would love to go back
Greatly attentive waitress from Kansas, nice white wine, I had skewered shrimp kebab and barbecue style butterfly... more travel advice
Paisleypaul's Related Pages
Yuma Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Visit Historic Yuma"
- "History, desert, heat and Indians!"
- "Yuma In the Great Southwest"
- "It's Hot Here!!!"
- "Yuma on the border"
- "Yuma - Several historic sites"
- "Crossing the Colorado River"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yuma
- Hotels in Yuma
- Transportation in Yuma
- Nightlife in Yuma
- Restaurants in Yuma
- Shopping in Yuma
- Warnings and Dangers in Yuma
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yuma
- 2 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Yuma?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yuma
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 64 reviews, 161 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alghero Intro, 34 reviews, 94 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 18 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palermo Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos
- Geneva Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos
- Ljubljana Intro, 14 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 12 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bergamo Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos
- Milan Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.