"Geneva (Geneva Canton) so good they named it twice" Geneva by Paisleypaul
Geneva Travel Guide: 1,075 reviews and 2,459 photos
Geneve on the Rhone by Lake Geneva (Lac Leman) is a relatively compact city. Well served by buses and trams, we spent our 4 night weekend in 2007 without using public transport - no need with the correct locale of hotel, Eaux Vives to Old Town is little more than 5 minutes walk, 10-15 minutes takes you from the heart of teh Rive Gauche (South of the Rhone) to the Rive Droite
Just down from Pl. du Bourgs de Four at the foot of old town I was very taken by these 'unflappable' little birds, close to the main thoroughfare of Rive Gauche.
As my mpegs prove, a marching band was passing at the time they let me get this close!
The small old town houses more of the points of interest than any other compact area including the Fontaine, Arsenal, Cathedrale St Pierre and others - see my tips
- Pros:Great walking city, scenic, charming, not as over expensive as I was told
- Cons:Very European opening hours !
- In a nutshell:Under rated spot for a city break - no need for the skis !
Centre billing of the Jardin Anglais goes to the famous floral clock. Theearth is not at it's most fecund in January but... more travel advice
Even though a country since 1291, with its larger and more influential (now or historically) neighbours Germany Italy... more travel advice
Paisleypaul's Related Pages
Geneva Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "diplomats, scientists and watch makers!"
- "Le songe d'une nuit d'été"
- "Geneva by Trip@ck"
- "An international crossroads"
- "Home of the America's Cup"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Geneva
- Hotels in Geneva
- Transportation in Geneva
- Nightlife in Geneva
- Restaurants in Geneva
- Shopping in Geneva
- Warnings and Dangers in Geneva
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Geneva
- 16 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 16 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Geneva?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Geneva
- Posted in Travel T'bilisi Forum "Re: Are Mastercard, Visa Card..."
- Commented on one of Callavetta's Geneva travel pages
- Wrote a Review Horlogie Fleurie - the Floral Clock about Flower Clock in Geneva Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Horlogie Fleurie - the Floral Clock"
- created a Geneva Travel Page "Geneva (Geneva Canton) so good they named it twice"
Photos in GenevaSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 73 reviews, 199 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alghero Intro, 34 reviews, 94 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 22 reviews, 82 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 24 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palermo Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Geneva Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos
- Càgliari Intro, 14 reviews, 58 photos
- Ljubljana Intro, 14 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 12 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genoa Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos