"Geneva (Geneva Canton) so good they named it twice" Geneva by Paisleypaul
Geneva Travel Guide: 1,018 reviews and 2,233 photos
Geneve on the Rhone by Lake Geneva (Lac Leman) is a relatively compact city. Well served by buses and trams, we spent our 4 night weekend in 2007 without using public transport - no need with the correct locale of hotel, Eaux Vives to Old Town is little more than 5 minutes walk, 10-15 minutes takes you from the heart of teh Rive Gauche (South of the Rhone) to the Rive Droite
Just down from Pl. du Bourgs de Four at the foot of old town I was very taken by these 'unflappable' little birds, close to the main thoroughfare of Rive Gauche.
As my mpegs prove, a marching band was passing at the time they let me get this close!
The small old town houses more of the points of interest than any other compact area including the Fontaine, Arsenal, Cathedrale St Pierre and others - see my tips
- Pros:Great walking city, scenic, charming, not as over expensive as I was told
- Cons:Very European opening hours !
- In a nutshell:Under rated spot for a city break - no need for the skis !
Centre billing of the Jardin Anglais goes to the famous floral clock. Theearth is not at it's most fecund in January but... more travel advice
Even though a country since 1291, with its larger and more influential (now or historically) neighbours Germany Italy... more travel advice
Paisleypaul's Related Pages
Geneva Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Le songe d'une nuit d'été"
- "Geneva by Trip@ck"
- "An international crossroads"
- "diplomats, scientists and watch makers!"
- "Home of the America's Cup"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Geneva
- Hotels in Geneva
- Transportation in Geneva
- Nightlife in Geneva
- Restaurants in Geneva
- Shopping in Geneva
- Warnings and Dangers in Geneva
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Geneva
- 16 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 16 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Geneva?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Geneva
- Posted in Travel Sardegna Forum "Re: Tour operator....villas for..."
- Commented on one of Callavetta's Geneva travel pages
- Wrote a Review Horlogie Fleurie - the Floral Clock about Flower Clock in Geneva Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Horlogie Fleurie - the Floral Clock"
- created a Geneva Travel Page "Geneva (Geneva Canton) so good they named it twice"
Photos in GenevaSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 64 reviews, 161 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alghero Intro, 34 reviews, 94 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 18 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palermo Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos
- Geneva Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos
- Ljubljana Intro, 14 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 12 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bergamo Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos
- Milan Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.
Latest Geneva hotel reviews
- Residence Mont Blanc
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Hotel Victoria
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Park Inn by Radisson Lully
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 3, 2013
- Hotel Rio
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport
- 356 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- La Reserve Geneve Hotel And Spa
- 95 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Hotel Epsom Geneva
- 92 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Warwick Geneva Hotel
- 296 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Hotel Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 28, 2013
- Hotel Excelsior
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 1, 2013
- 33 Hotel Geneva
- 43 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 2, 2013
- Hotel At Home
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 27, 2013
- Hotel de la Cloche
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 13, 2012
- Cornavin Hotel
- 220 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013