"Adriatic Getaway" Top 5 Page for this destination Pescara by Paisleypaul
Pescara Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 180 photos
Pescara is the administrative capital of the Abruzzo region. Much of the city has been rebuilt since the Second World War and as a consequence most of the city centre is modern. It lacks the aesthetic in some ways of other Italian destinations but none of the soul.
The Pescara Abruzzo Airport is served by Ryanair, we have done this twice previously although we flew BA to Rome in 2011 and took the bus from Tiburtina in Rome out and train back. The train does Tiburtina and Termini.
This is the Fontana for public access to the beach, most of the other areas are concessions from hotels or restaurants. Most of the tourists are from other areas of Italy in the busy August holidays
From Piazza del Rinascente you walk directly to the coast, so it's also about level with the bus and train station
Dating from 1986 it reminds us of 1980s telephone handsets!
Piazza della Rinascita is a place where people hang out or otherwise features in passageata but for me it lacks a focal point like a fountain or statue ? There is a bizzare elephant just off camera to the left, in front of where Tourist Infomration have recently relocated
- Pros:Feelgood Jewel of Abruzzo
- Cons:Ferragosto price hikes for hotels - book early
- In a nutshell:Less spectacular than some of Italy but very endearing
The cake and coffee cousin of the Gourmet Venezia at Viale Regina Margherita, 16 reviewed here, good night stop for some... more travel advice
This is a comfortable value for money unpretentious ristorante cinese atop the main shopping street. Also, it is just... more travel advice
Paisleypaul's Related Pages
Pescara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A short visit to Pescara"
- "A newly born city"
- "Adriatic Getaway"
- "The gateway to Abruzzo mountain"
- "Pescara for a quiet holiday!"
- "Pescara in winter"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pescara
- Hotels in Pescara
- Transportation in Pescara
- Nightlife in Pescara
- Restaurants in Pescara
- Shopping in Pescara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pescara
- 9 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Pescara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pescara
Photos in PescaraSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 75 reviews, 208 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alghero Intro, 34 reviews, 94 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 22 reviews, 82 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 24 reviews, 79 photos
- Milan Intro, 19 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palermo Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 17 reviews, 57 photos
- Geneva Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos
- Cągliari Intro, 14 reviews, 58 photos
- Ljubljana Intro, 14 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues