"Hisaronu and Oludeniz" Hisaronu by Paisleypaul
Hisaronu Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 57 photos
Oludeniz is billed as the Blue Lagoon, where they filmed the unwatchable movie, but it translaets as Dead Lagoon - it is hidden by a promontory and calm as a duck pond.
The town of Hisaronu is up the hill past mount Babadag (can't do the accentuated silent 'g' which elongates the previously vowel - so you promunce Babadag 'Babadaa"). It runs into the resort of Ovacik then drops down the other side of the hill to the port of Fethiye.
Currently 60 minutes by car or coach from Dalaman airport, there is a tunnel going through the mountain - which will half the journey time - but at risk of turning the whole place into another anonymous sunpot with the local identity subsumed by visitors
- Pros:Sunshine and bargains, the cuisine is surprising unspoiled by tourism
- Cons:Can reach 50 C July and August, now being over developed
- In a nutshell:Nicer some years ago than now - don't spoil it all together
Paisleypaul's Related Pages
Hisaronu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hisaronu and Ovacik..................."
- "Hisaronu 89 -99 What a difference 10 years makes!"
- "Hisaronu and Oludeniz"
- "Best place"
- "Hisaronu and Olu Deniz, Turkey"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hisaronu
- Hotels in Hisaronu
- Transportation in Hisaronu
- Nightlife in Hisaronu
- Restaurants in Hisaronu
- Warnings and Dangers in Hisaronu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hisaronu
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Hisaronu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hisaronu
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 64 reviews, 161 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alghero Intro, 34 reviews, 94 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 18 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palermo Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos
- Geneva Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos
- Ljubljana Intro, 14 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 12 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bergamo Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos
- Milan Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.