"I fell in love with this city!" Beijing by emoja
Beijing Travel Guide: 6,188 reviews and 15,389 photos
meeting chang at the banana bar and having to hand sign our entire conversation
the toilets and the sign that read, "For PP Only, No #2 Please!"
shouting "bu yao! bu yao!" when street vendors crowded me
being dumped off the hotel bus and riding a rickshaw the rest of the way
being called "beautiful"
karaoke on sanlitun
buying orange-flavored cigarettes from a street vendor
losing my ATM card in a machine... and getting it back a half hour later
being the only one in the taxi that was able to tell the driver we wanted to go to "san-lit-ur"
the young man who taught us how to say 'shi-shi'
the dinner we had on our last night
giving a taxi driver a quarter after he asked for a euro... he almost crashed trying to examine that quarter
meeting two wonderful young men at the airport
the beautiful stone-faced guard watching the crowd while the crossing-of-the-guard took place behind him
the fake rolex i bought outside the square ;-)
learning that you can negotiate prices at the malls
the child beggar who tugged and swatted at my legs
women holding hands as they walked
- Pros:A fascinating city with very kind people
- Cons:The street sellers can be intimidating at first and then irritating after awhile
Be prepared for the squatting toilets. They're not too bad, just don't bend down too far and try to avoid splashing on... more travel advice
I made payment twice in this manner at the malls. I'm not sure if all places are this way, but here's a helpful tip in... more travel advice
emoja's Related Pages
Beijing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing - Imperial Peking"
- "My wonderful Beijing"
- "Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall"
- "Beijing - The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing (北京)"
- "Beijing----gives you much more than you expected!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beijing
- Hotels in Beijing
- Transportation in Beijing
- Nightlife in Beijing
- Restaurants in Beijing
- Shopping in Beijing
- Warnings and Dangers in Beijing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beijing
- 9 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 23 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beijing
Photos in BeijingSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 23 reviews, 17 photos
- Cairo Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Beijing Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Luxor Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Seoul Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Madrid Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Prague Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- La Push Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Selcuk 3 reviews, 4 photos
Latest Beijing hotel reviews
- Media Center Hotel Beijing
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 18, 2013
- Beijing Wangfujing Dawan Hotel
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- Jing Guang New World Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Beijing North Garden Hotel
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Ascott Beijing
- 89 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Park Plaza Beijing Science Park
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2013
- Spring Garden Hotel Beijing
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2012
- Raffles Beijing Hotel
- 451 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Tsinghua Unisplendour International Center, Beijing
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 7, 2012
- Meihua Century International Apartment
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 26, 2013
- Hotel Kunlun
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- Dreams Travel Hostel (Beijing South Main Street)
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 30, 2013