"Hi there" adeleog's Profile

My Favourite Place

It's corny and it's boring. But I reckon my favourite place is Home! I love Skerries passionately. We moved here 10 years ago from the southside of Dublin and you could not pay me enough money to move back now.

The town has such a lovely small town atmosphere. It is buzzing in the summer and cosy in the winter. Our pubs have roaring fires and living by the coast is just so wonderful.

There is a mile long beach on the southern end of town - called, originally - the South Strand. It's great for have a picnic lunch on in the summer or taking the kids down to run wild. In the winter the storms can be spectacular and we often stay up late watching the waves crash in higher than the lamp-posts.

Me

Still the right side of 40 for the moment and married for 10 years with two kids. The kids are getting to an age where we can finally start travelling again without having to pack the kitchen sink!!

James, my husband, and I love to travel. He is American and I'm Irish. Have been to about 35 states so far and looking forward to doing the rest! We have a tendancy to chuck the map and the plans in the back seat of the car and just take it in turns to say left or right at each junction we come to. We have found some amazing places this way!

• Intro Written Jan 21, 2005

• Ntomnif's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2012 at 4:30 AM

Best wishes on your birthday Adele and warm greetings from Cameroon. May all your travel dreams come to fruition

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2007 at 3:14 PM

Adele! I wish you a happy, merry, pleasant and prosperous Easter (~_~)

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2006 at 8:21 PM

Happy Birthday to you, enjoy your day and keep travelling.:-)

• Dublinsfun's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2005 at 3:47 PM

Happy birthday Adele, I was surprised to see another Skerries VT member. Again I wish you a happy celebration & I'll keep an eye out for you in the town. Will.

• chiara76's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2005 at 1:46 AM

Happy Birthday and greetings from Poland.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!