"Welsh Town in Argentina" Trevelín by msocolin
Trevelín Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 42 photos
Trevelin is a small town located just 24 km away from Esquel. It was originally populated by Welsh immigrants coming from Puerto Madryn. The name Trevelin comes from the welsh words Tre: people and Velin: mill. When the welsh created Trevelin they became farmers, growing mainly wheat. Still today you can see many of their original houses and mills, and even hear surnames like Jones, Williams, Evans, Roberts, Hughes, Griffit, Ap Iwan, Underwood and Freeman among others.
After so many years, the town is still a town. The road that comes from Esquel then becomes the main street of Trevelin, and the only one with pavement. The rest of the streets are gravel ones, so be careful if you go by car.
Oh, and before you leave Trevelin don't forget to have a welsh tea at one of the tea houses of the city.
- Pros:The welsh tea and the museum
msocolin's Related Pages
Trevelín Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The town of the Mill"
- "Welsh Town in Argentina"
- "Welsh Lovelies"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trevelín
- Hotels in Trevelín
- Transportation in Trevelín
- Restaurants in Trevelín
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trevelín
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Trevelín?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trevelín
Top 10 Pages
- Mendoza Intro, 20 reviews, 41 photos
- Sighisoara Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos
- Puerto Madryn Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Plovdiv Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- Madrid 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Sofia 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Colonia del Sacramento Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Punta del Este Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos