Seattle Transportation Tips by goodfish
Seattle Transportation: 239 reviews and 294 photos
Seattle Center Monorail station
This is another relic of the 1962 World's Fair and the quickest way from Seattle Center to downtown shopping/hotels. Or vice versa. We used it to cut some walking time to Pioneer Square and the International District - still a hike but a good one when the sun is out. It only goes a mile, takes 2 minutes, runs every 10 minutes and only stops at Seattle Center on the one end, and Westlake Center shopping mall on the other. Tickets are $4 RT for adults, $1.50 for kids (5-12) and $2 for seniors or persons with disabilities. One-way tickets are 1/2 of RT prices.
The stations and ticket booths are near the Space Needle at Seattle Center, and on the 3rd floor of Westlake Center.
2011 UPDATE: You can now get to downtown Seattle from SeaTac airport or near the Amtrac station via a slick new lightrail system. The last station in the city center is the Westlake shopping complex, and trains don't run 24/7 but based on the traffic around the city, this is, hands down, your quickest way downtown if flying in. Tickets are about $2.50 from airport to Westlake at time of this writing. There are lots of hotels around the Westlake area, and cabs/buses are easy to snag from there to other parts of the city. See this website for lightrail info:
Other Contact: http://www.soundtransit.org/x112
More Reviews (21)
goodfish's Related Pages
Seattle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The famous Space Needle in Seattle"
- ") @ L was great!"
- "Emerald City of the Northwest"
- "It's not always raining in Seattle"
- "Never Sip-less in Seattle"
- "A Great Place to Live"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seattle
- Hotels in Seattle
- Transportation in Seattle
- Nightlife in Seattle
- Restaurants in Seattle
- Shopping in Seattle
- Warnings and Dangers in Seattle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seattle
- 22 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 67 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (168)
Have you been to Seattle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seattle
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 90 reviews, 388 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 81 reviews, 308 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 74 reviews, 256 photos
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 207 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 57 reviews, 189 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 33 reviews, 146 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moab Intro, 42 reviews, 135 photos
- New York City Intro, 38 reviews, 138 photos
- Florence Intro, 31 reviews, 131 photos
- Italy Intro, 31 reviews, 123 photos, 2 travelogues
- Space Needle- 91 Reviews, 162 Photos
- Pike Place Market- 146 Reviews, 220 Photos
- Pioneer Square- 62 Reviews, 94 Photos
- Downtown Seattle- 45 Reviews, 77 Photos
- Ballard Locks- 24 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Experience Music Project - EMP- 46 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Museum Of Flight- 26 Reviews, 78 Photos
- Fremont District- 14 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Boeing Factory- 13 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Aquarium- 26 Reviews, 35 Photos
See All Seattle Things to Do