"Gateway to Olympic National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Port Angeles by goodfish

Port Angeles Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 76 photos

Port Angeles is a good base for exploring the north side of Olympic National Park: Olympic NP Visitor Center and entrance to Hurricane Ridge is right in town, and Elwha (11 miles), Lake Crescent (18 miles) and Sol Duc Valley (about 40 miles - 1 hour ) are close by for day-tripping. It also has a ferry terminal for passenger or passenger/vehicle services to Victoria, British Columbia. Most of our time was spent at the park so we didn't shop or explore any other recreational activities but the people were friendly and we stumbled into a great little brewpub that made me forget all about a killer head cold for a few hours; I'd go back just for that.

See my Olympic National Park pages for more on Hurricane Ridge, Elwha, Lake Crescent and other regions of the park.

• Last visit to Port Angeles: Sep 2009
  • Intro Updated Mar 24, 2010

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2013 at 12:11 PM

My time in the Port Angeles are had to do with drug trafficking (detecting and monitoring not participating). Thanks for a look at the better side of town.

• goodfish's Profile Photo
      Oct 15, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Having been there, I'm sort of not surprised...
      But happily, there is some gorgeous hiking in the area.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2010 at 4:04 AM

i like the look of those beers :O)

goodfish

“Itineraries are for sissies”

Badges & Stats in Port Angeles

Have you been to Port Angeles?

Latest Activity in Port Angeles