"Olympic National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park by goodfish
Olympic National Park Travel Guide: 296 reviews and 763 photos
The one million acres that is Olympic National Park encompass more diverse landscapes and ecosystems than just about any park in the United States. From lofty peaks and alpine meadows to deep, lush rain forests and rugged coastal beaches, the landscape of this isolated peninsula - just a stone's throw from urban Seattle - changes climate and appearance in just a few hours drive or less.
It's an old, old story of crushing glaciers, furry mastodons, ancient forests and indigenous peoples whose ancestors still hunt, fish and inhabit small villages along the coast. It was "discovered" by European explorers, settled by 19th century American homesteaders and is today driven, hiked and backpacked over by over 3 million visitors a year.
This is not the easiest park to visit - over 95% of it is wilderness that's inaccessible to all but hardy, back-country trekkers - and to do it properly involves the willingness and ability to deal with changing weather, crawls over giant drift piles, sharply ascending/descending trails, and getting one's feet wet.
Welcome to my pages!
- Pros:Very different ecosystems within short drives of each other
- Cons:Few accommodations
The waters of the Pacific are frigid all year long plus rocks and wave-tossed debris make swimming dangerous here. We... more travel advice
Incoming tides toss up more than pebbles and driftwood. You'll probably see all kinds of junk and the more extreme the... more travel advice
goodfish's Related Pages
Olympic National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where Wishes Come True: Olympic National Park"
- "Olympic National Park"
- "A Spectacular Coastal Mountain Wilderness"
- "Crown Jewel of the Pacific Northwest"
- "Basaic Olympic National Park Page"
- "WILDERNESS DEFINED"
- "Lake Quinault Lodge"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Olympic National Park
- Hotels in Olympic National Park
- Transportation in Olympic National Park
- Nightlife in Olympic National Park
- Restaurants in Olympic National Park
- Shopping in Olympic National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Olympic National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Olympic National Park
- 36 Reviews
- 100 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Olympic National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Olympic National Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Two young French people in..."
- Commented on one of goodfish's Olympic National Park tips
- updated a Olympic National Park Travel Page "Olympic National Park"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Olympic National Park"
- Wrote a Review Brrrrrrrr!!! in Olympic National Park Warnings and Dangers
Photos in Olympic National ParkSee All Photos (100)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 82 reviews, 343 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 81 reviews, 307 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 74 reviews, 256 photos
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 207 photos
- New York City Intro, 38 reviews, 138 photos
- Florence Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos
- Italy Intro, 31 reviews, 123 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Paul Intro, 32 reviews, 117 photos
- Chicago Intro, 24 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 36 reviews, 100 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (131)
Latest Olympic National Park hotel reviews
- Hoh Campground
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 18, 2013
- Rain Forest Resort Village
- 114 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- Mora Campground
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 4, 2013
- Log Cabin Resort
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 7, 2013
- Sol Duc Hot Springs Resort
- 219 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- Heart O' Hills Campground
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 22, 2013
- Kalaloch Campground
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 26, 2013
- Deer Park Campground
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 26, 2010
- Lake Crescent Lodge
- 383 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 12, 2013