Bryce Canyon National Park Warnings Or Dangers Tips by goodfish
Bryce Canyon National Park Warnings and Dangers: 32 reviews and 39 photos
Most of Bryce sits at 8000 feet above sea level with even higher points - such as Bristlecone Loop - over 9100. Flatlanders are going to feel the thinner air if they haven't had time to adjust, and the altitude is particularly important to note if you have breathing problems. Go slow, drink lots of water and don't go running off to a strenuous trail before you know if you have the stamina to handle it.
I had the classic high-altitude headache here our first day.
See over-exertion warning #4 in the park newspaper.
During the summer, Bryce can be hot, dry and dusty so hikers, always take along plenty of water, sunscreen and a hat. If sensitive to heat, hike earlier in the morning or later in the afternoon when it's cooler. Sunstroke or acute dehydration is no joke and no fun at all: by the time one of them hits you, it's too late for a quick fix.
Drink and drink some more!
This natural bridge almost begs to be climbed but it, like most others of the park's formations, is more fragile than it looks. Close encounters with loose, crumbling rock or unstable rim edges can land you in the emergency room or worse so stay on marked paths and off the pinnacles and whatnot, OK?
It's also illegal to climb the formations: resulting fines would do serious damage to your beer budget and THAT would be just sad.
More Reviews (10)
goodfish's Related Pages
Bryce Canyon National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of Hoodoos and Queens"
- "Bryce Canyon – magic encounters with artist Earth"
- "Don't Think Thrice, Bryce is All Right!"
- "Hoodoo's-NOt Boo Hoo's"
- "Colourful and Weird Hoodoos at Bryce"
- "Bryce Canyon National Park"
- "Roundtrip USA : part 16 Bryce Canyon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Hotels in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Transportation in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Nightlife in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Restaurants in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Shopping in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Bryce Canyon National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Marathon Hotels
- Red Lodge
- Durgapur Hotels
- McConnells Mill State Park Hotels
- Laguna Cobá Hotels
- Belize City
- Zion National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Genting Warnings and Dangers
- Novosibirsk Warnings and Dangers
- Lucknow Warnings and Dangers
- Dog Souvenirs
- Democratic Republic of Congo Warnings and Dangers
- Arkansas Warnings and Dangers
- Shenandoah National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Liechtenstein Warnings and Dangers
- Kangaroo Island Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Bryce Canyon National Park
- 13 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 24 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Bryce Canyon National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Posted in Travel Tulum Forum "Re: traditional pole dance"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Home on the Range"
- Wrote a Review High... in Bryce Canyon National Park Warnings and Dangers
- updated a Bryce Canyon National Park Travel Page "Bryce Canyon: Hoodoo Heaven"
- Commented on one of agapotravel's Bryce Canyon National Park travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 82 reviews, 343 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 81 reviews, 307 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 74 reviews, 256 photos
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 207 photos
- New York City Intro, 38 reviews, 138 photos
- Florence Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos
- Italy Intro, 31 reviews, 123 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Paul Intro, 32 reviews, 117 photos
- Chicago Intro, 24 reviews, 113 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 36 reviews, 100 photos