Chaco Canyon National Monument Packing List Tips by goodfish
Chaco Canyon National Monument What to Pack: 1 reviews and 1 photos
Pueblo Alto trail, Chaco Culture NHP
Luggage and bags: Daypacks
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Lightweight clothing for summer, sunglasses, hat, sturdy shoes with a decent tread. Pack layers, long underwear and gloves for winter. A poncho for rain is probably a good idea.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: If you have specific issues such as diabetes, insect allergies, asthma or other challenges requiring specific or immediate medication, make SURE you have your inhalers, anaphylaxis antidotes, insulin, etc. along as you will be a long way from a hospital. A spare pair of prescription glasses are a good idea too. A first-aid kit, sunscreen and wet wipes are musts.
Photo Equipment: Extra batteries and memory chips. A zoom lens is great if you have one
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Besides the usual: FOOD, firewood or charcoal (none available at the park), coolers with ice, flashlight, extra batteries and something to haul drinking water in. A thermos for toting hot beverages would be good if visiting during the winter.
Miscellaneous: For day-tripping: FOOD, cooler with ice, beverages other than water, large water bottles, binoculars, and make sure your gas and radiator tanks have plenty in them and your tires aren't low. Coming in the recommended route, the convenience store near Nageezi is the last and best place to stop and make a double-check to see if you have everything you need. It's 21 miles back there from the park on 13 miles of slow, teeth-rattling, washboard dirt road if you spaced off your lunch.
Phone: (505) 786-7014
More Reviews (16)
- The road less taken
- See All Sacred, wild and fragile
- See All Pueblo Alto Trail
goodfish's Related Pages
Chaco Canyon National Monument Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yupkoyvi: "The Place beyond the Horizon""
- "Chaco Canyon National Historic Park"
- "12th Century Capitol of the USA"
- "Chaco Canyon March 2005"
- "Chaco Canyon National Monument"
- "CHACO CANYON"
- "Stonework that Dates WAY Back"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chaco Canyon National Monument
- Hotels in Chaco Canyon National Monument
- Transportation in Chaco Canyon National Monument
- Warnings and Dangers in Chaco Canyon National Monument
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chaco Canyon National Monument
- 17 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (155)
Have you been to Chaco Canyon National Monument?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chaco Canyon National Monument
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Cancel that restaurant..."
- Commented on one of goodfish's Chaco Canyon National Monument tips
- updated a Chaco Canyon National Monument Travel Page "Yupkoyvi: "The Place beyond the Horizon""
- Commented on the Chaco Canyon National Monument travel guide
- Uploaded a Photo to "Chaco's Best (and only) Accommodations"
- Wrote a Review The road less taken in Chaco Canyon National Monument Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 90 reviews, 388 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 81 reviews, 308 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 74 reviews, 256 photos
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 207 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 57 reviews, 189 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 33 reviews, 146 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moab Intro, 42 reviews, 135 photos
- New York City Intro, 38 reviews, 138 photos
- Florence Intro, 31 reviews, 131 photos
- Italy Intro, 31 reviews, 123 photos, 2 travelogues