"Where the Music Died" Clear Lake by goodfish
Clear Lake Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 70 photos
Daniel Boone’s son, Nathan, first noted this large lake in what was to become the state of Iowa in an 1832 survey of the area, and the first white settlers arrived in 1851. A town of the same name was established just a few years later, and today it’s a lively summer destination for boating, fishing, camping and any number of other recreational activities.
My parents had once rented a cabin here for a family weekend but until a brilliant spring day in 2013, it had been many years since The Husband and I had taken the exit off I-35 into town. The mission was to make the pilgrimage to two of the more infamous sites in rock-and-roll history; one of them involving a trek that had long been postponed due to traveling through during less-than-optimal seasons.
Mission accomplished: look under my “Things to Do” pages for what that was….
- Pros:Nice little downtown; lots of recreational stuff to do
- Cons:Good place to freeze your buns off in the winter
Typical of resort communities, Clear Lake has a nice assortment of shops along both sides of main street. Clothing,... more travel advice
Clear Lake’s main street has retained some of its historic architecture - although I wasn’t able to find information on... more travel advice
goodfish's Related Pages
Clear Lake Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Last Stop for Buddy Holly and Ritchie Valens"
- "Where the Music Died"
- "clear lake fishing"
- "The place to enjoy a sunset"
- "Latham's Clear Lake Iowa Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Clear Lake
- Transportation in Clear Lake
- Nightlife in Clear Lake
- Restaurants in Clear Lake
- Shopping in Clear Lake
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Clear Lake
- 5 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (158)
Have you been to Clear Lake?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Clear Lake
Photos in Clear LakeSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 90 reviews, 388 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 81 reviews, 308 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 74 reviews, 256 photos
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 207 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 57 reviews, 189 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 33 reviews, 146 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moab Intro, 42 reviews, 135 photos
- New York City Intro, 38 reviews, 138 photos
- Florence Intro, 31 reviews, 131 photos
- Italy Intro, 31 reviews, 123 photos, 2 travelogues