"More than Coors" Top 5 Page for this destination Golden by goodfish
Golden Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 152 photos
I wish I had more to write about Golden 'cause it's a really good-looking town but we were only there long enough to check into a hotel, take a short walkabout and find a beer. We didn't take the Coors Brewery Tour, didn't see any of the museums and didn't even actually eat in a restaurant. What we did do was find a very nice hotel and maybe the best bar this side of the Rockies. I mean, isn't it more fun to DRINK beer than look at the factory it's made at? Priorities, priorities...
Golden is only about 12 miles from downtown Denver but feels like the old, wide-open West. It's just big enough, with a population of about 18,000, and a destination for outdoor adventurers (rock climbing, kayaking, biking, rafting, etc.). In fact, they have one of the few, man-made whitewater courses in the country - Clear Creek Whitewater Park.
There are just enough restaurants, hotels, coffee shops, services and activities in the area to keep travelers busy and happy and what they don't have it, you won't miss. I'll take this casual, laid-back little community over big 'ol Denver any day - we'll be back!
Table Mountain Inn is right on the main drag in Golden and we probably paid a premium for that but no matter - we were... more travel advice
goodfish's Related Pages
Golden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WHERE THE WEST LIVES"
- "The old capital of the Colorado Territory ."
- "More than Coors"
- "Best of Both Worlds"
- "Golden, Colorado: My Home!"
- "Golden Memories"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Golden
- Hotels in Golden
- Transportation in Golden
- Nightlife in Golden
- Restaurants in Golden
- Shopping in Golden
- Warnings and Dangers in Golden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Golden
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (160)
Have you been to Golden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Golden
Photos in GoldenSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 90 reviews, 388 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 81 reviews, 308 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 74 reviews, 256 photos
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 207 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 57 reviews, 189 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 33 reviews, 146 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moab Intro, 42 reviews, 135 photos
- New York City Intro, 38 reviews, 138 photos
- Florence Intro, 31 reviews, 131 photos
- Italy Intro, 31 reviews, 123 photos, 2 travelogues